What makes the perfect fitness tracker for women?
To many fitness brands, a simple “shrink and pink” is enough to define it as a woman`s tracker.
But is the savvy and fitness-oriented woman only looking for aesthetics and color?
Certainly not. Ladies need more than just a pretty wristband, though admittedly they still want a cute band, too.
The best women`s trackers are designed with female-specific features such as menstrual tracking, pregnancy monitoring, ovulation recording, and other vital women`s health data.
Some of these women fit bands maintain a classic and utilitarian look, while others have a more stylish, and fashion-forward aesthetics.
Either way, they are specially designed to cater to the needs of every lady.
Since the market is flush with activity trackers, each offering its unique set of features, it can be challenging to know which is the best band for women.
To help, we have created a comprehensive list of the best fitness trackers for women that will cater to all their fitness and lifestyle needs.
Our Top 3 Picks of Women's Activity Trackers : In Summary
2) The Polar A360 is the perfect fitness tracker for those looking to capture their performance metrics on a 24/7 basis. This tracker will capture a variety of your metrics ranging from workouts, distance, steps, calories, to sleep quality. The low profile plus the bright and exceedingly intuitive design makes the Polar A360 a perfect wearable for the modern woman. Equally, it`s waterproof, while the sleek design is ideal for women as it can seamlessly blend with other jewelry.
3) The Amazfit Moonbeam is a budget-friendly option that packs plenty of features. Do not allow the price to trick you into thinking the Moonbeam is flimsy. No, the Moonbeam offers what other high-end models provide, including tracking calories, distance, and steps taken. As its name suggests, the Moonbeam also provides sleep tracking.
Top Rated Women's Fitness Trackers Reviews
1. Fitbit Charge 3
- Better measure calorie burn, understand resting heart rate & more with 24/7 heart rate tracking and a battery life of up to 7 days (varies with use and other factors)
- Choose from 15+ exercise modes like run, bike, swim, yoga, circuit training and more, set a goal, and get real-time stats during your workouts to see how you can keep getting better
- Automatically record time spent in Light, Deep and REM sleep stages and see activity trends, health insights and personalized guidance in one place with Fitbit Today
- Swim proof and water resistant to 50M so you can track swims and wear in the shower. Also connect to smartphone GPS for real-time pace and distance during outdoor runs and rides
- Stay connected to your day with everyday apps for weather and more and get call, text and smartphone app notifications on your wrist
The new Charge 3 straddles the line between the simpler Alta and the Ionic. Though it`s mainly an activity tracker, it similarly provides GPS tracking when paired with your phone.
Women love chic fitness trackers, and the Charge 3 does not disappoint. The tracker is housed in a slimmer, more modern silhouette that is ergonomically comfortable for ladies. In addition to the coziness, the Charge 3 is designed from extremely lightweight materials, including a 20% lighter aerospace-grade aluminum and a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display.
More importantly, though, is the wrist-based heart rate tracking that will allow the woman to track their calorie burn better, optimize their workout and uncover their health trends.
You should understand that the HR varies according to what stage of the menstrual cycle you are in. According to many users, there is always a rise in the HR after ovulation. Though the HR can rise due to a variety of factors such as stress, and sleep pattern, the HR metric will at least paint a rough picture on your ovulation trends.
A major highlight, however, that makes the Charge 3 the ultimate fitness band for women is the “Female Health Tracker” app. This app, which was recently released by Fitbit is only available in the Charge 3, Versa and Iconic.
The app will perform plenty of female-tailored tasks including;
- Tracking your period and notifying you ahead
- Displaying your predicted ovulation window
- Displays past periods month by month
- Allows you to track symptoms such as flow rate, headaches, cramps, acne, and fluid consistency
With a generous water resistance of 5 ATM, you can now dunk it in water up to depths of 50 meters. Equally, the Charge 3 can accurately track your swimming.
The 7-day battery life on the Charge 3 is similarly exceptional, while the smart features such as calls, calendar, text, and smartphone app notifications make it the ultimate tracker.
This is not to mention the Charge 3 features SPO2 sensor that allows you to estimate blood oxygen levels, track your sleep and identify potential sleep issues such as sleep apnea.
2. Bellabeat Leaf Nature
- Bellabeat Leaf products include a coin cell battery that lasts for approximately 6 months. No need to charge so you can track 24 hours a day
- Package includes: Leaf Rose Gold Edition, Double Wrap Bracelet | Terra Rose Gold S/M, Necklace Classic/Rose Gold and Battery Replacement Tool. Leaf works with both Android & iOS
- Splash proof natural wood & hypoallergenic stainless steel clip / 1 year warranty
- Tracks your steps, distance moved, calories burned, sleep patterns, reproductive health, menstrual cycle and stress
- Wakes you gently in the morning and reminds you to stay active with inactivity alarm. Easily connect with Apple Health or Google Fit and measurements are 1.9 inch H x 1.2 inch W x 0.5 inch D
All the fitness trackers on our list are femininely sporty. The Bellabeat, however, is the only tracker that can be called an outrightly fashion accessory. At first sight, it`s hard to believe that this smart piece of jewelry is in truth a fitness tracker.
The chic gold leaf design on an ash wood base is simply stunning.
Moreover, the Bellabeat is flexible enough for wearing in different styles including clipping it into your clothing like a brooch or use it like a necklace, a chain, or even a bracelet. Given that it will fit in most female wrist sizes, it makes the perfect tracker for women who like dressing elegantly, and do not want to wear a sporty watch.
What makes the Bellabeat a particular activity tracker for women is the fact that you can use it for tracking your menstrual cycle. Besides menstrual tracking, the tracker will even remind you to take your pill and provide comprehensive data on your ovulating periods, if you are planning to get pregnant.
Like a regular tracker, the Bellabeat will similarly monitor the quality of your sleep, including showing you the number of hours slept, and the number of deep and light sleep. Also, it features a silent alarm with a vibrating alert that will not startle you or your partner.
Though it does not feature HR monitoring, it can detect stress, and then give you breathing exercises with guided instructions to relieve the stress.
When paired with a custom app that you will get access to when you make a purchase, the Bellabeat will allow you to see a variety of performance metrics including steps taken, calories burned, and distance traveled.
With the Bellabeat, you will no longer have to worry about charging or battery going low, courtesy of the coin battery that can last up to 6 months without needing to charge.
3. Mira Wellness
- Durable and flexible surgical grade stainless steel bracelet is available in three sizes petite small and medium
- Tracks steps calories and distance and elevation
- Removable Mira tracker can be worn in bracelet or clipped to clothing or kept discreetly in your pocket
- Syncs with the free Mira app for personalized health and wellness suggestions
- Comes with USB charger Device lasts up to five days on a single charge
If your idea of the perfect and fashionable activity tracker is something with a gold finish, you will certainly love this piece from Mira.
Featuring a fitness bracelet designed from surgical blade stainless steel and further complemented with a brushed gold finish and a matte black gem, the Mira activity tracker boasts of a modern and elegant look.
The Mira Wellness is versatile and comfortable to wear; it`s is removable, meaning you can either use the tracker as a wrist-based accessory or clip it on to your clothing, like an ornamental brooch when you do not want to wear a bracelet.
Though it has a bright OLED display, at the core of the tracker is the Mira app which downloads and collects your performance metrics.
Most importantly, the Mira app has multiple sub-channels with icon-based interactive toolkits, health calculators and trackers. The individual Mira app, or instance, can track a variety of female health metrics including pregnancy week-by-week, immunization tracker, menstrual cycle, family planning, and infection prevention.
The use of icon messaging system throughout the Mira App channel will enable women with no, or low illiteracy levels understand their health issues easily and quickly.
The app itself is easy to use, has an intuitive layout, and is usable with both Android and iOS.
Like the everyday activity tracker, the Mira Wellness will track a variety of metrics including steps taken, distance traveled, elevation and calories burned. You can then view all your analyzed data, including in graphic form. Besides providing you with detailed insights into your performance, the app will similarly offer personalized health and fitness suggestions for motivation.
The Mira Wellness is yet another aesthetic and chic fitness tracker that will cater to all your tracking needs. You should go for it.
4. Misfit Bloom Necklace
- Note: activity and sleep monitor (Shine) not included
- Hand-polished stainless steel pendant (1.25" x 2.15") matches your favorite jewelry and clothing
- Magnetic: Shine clips in effortlessly
- Stainless steel chain (18") with extender (2")
- Modern, elegant design complements casual or dressy attire and easily transitions from day to night
The Misfit Bloom necklace is an accessory piece of the Misfit Shine. It has all the properties of the Misfit Shine, only that it offers a secure fit for users who prefer not to wear the shine on their wrist but instead wear it as a necklace.
You will have to buy the Shine, then clip the tracker capsule into the Misfit Bloom necklace.
Granted that its suitable for use as a necklace tracker, it`s inherently suitable for the modern and savvy woman looking to add more elegance, and flair to their dressing.
Why women prefer the Bloom over the Shine is because of its simplistic yet elegant look. Sporting a symmetrical circular art design on a hand-polished stainless steel pendant, the Bloom can be worn in a variety of styles, colors, and orientation.
Aesthetics aside, the Bloom is utilitarian as it can get. Though modest in design, it does not skimp on performance as it can automatically track your steps, distances, calories, swimming, and sleep.
However, it has been noted that when the Shine is worn in the Bloom necklace, it`s not effective at measuring activity and sleep patterns, especially if you are the type that loves rolling in your bed.
Though the Bloom does not feature built-in female specific features such as tracking menstrual cycles or ovulation, the Bloom is flexible and can support a flush of third-party health apps. Some of the health apps compatible with the Bloom include Apple Health, MyFitnessPal, Lose It! and more.
Like the Bellabeat, you will not have to worry about charging the Misfit Bloom Necklace, thanks to the replaceable coin battery that can last up to six months without needing recharging.
6. Polar A360 Fitness Tracker
- WRIST HEART RATE MONITOR: Accurate wrist-based heart rate monitor with personalized training guidance to reach your fitness goals
- ACTIVITY TRACKER: Tracks your workouts, steps, distance, calories burned, sleep quality, and activity 24/7
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Bright colorful touch screen with vibrating smart notifications and inactivity alerts that help you stay active
- WATERPROOF FITNESS TRACKER: Customize your A360 activity tracker to fit your style with interchangeable, waterproof wristbands
- CALORIE COUNTER CAPABILITIES: For those who want to count the calories they burn and get basic heart rate-based features to keep their fitness training simple
When it comes to fitness trackers, Polar is a household name. It has built its reputation for delivering solid and reliable wearables.
The Polar A360 is no different; Polar has put the “fun” is this highly pragmatic tracker. For a start, the wearable offers 24/7 tracking of workouts, steps, distance, sleep quality and calories burned.
What makes the Polar A360 an ideal choice for women? Probably the low profile. Though it`s not slim, its oblong shape provides an illusion of svelteness. Therefore it does not look overwhelming on a smaller wrist.
While it we cannot classify the Polar A360 as sleek, it packs plenty of awesome features including a wider-than-most full-color touchscreen, and heart rate monitoring.
The Polar`s interface is aesthetically pleasing but perhaps more importantly intuitive in its design.
The Polar 360 does not masquerade as a smartwatch, but it similarly offers plenty of smart features and notifications including receiving and replying calls, text messages, emails, and others.
The smart coaching, which entails guided and personalized training is essential to help you achieve your fitness goals. Depending on your performance and health metrics, the Polar A360 will suggest the activities to take or daily targets to hits.
This is not to mention the waterproof nature that allows you to dunk the tracker in water and perform all household chores including doing dishes or showering without removing this tracker.
The only odd thing with the Polar 360 is the sizing of the band that will require you to snip off part of it for a personalized and secure fit.
7. Fitbit Alta
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Battery life up to 5 days (varies with use and other factors)
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarmAutomatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance when phone is nearby
Though Fitbit does not specifically say that the Alta is tailored for the savvy woman, the design gives it away. Sporting a slim profile and chicly modest design, the Alta has gained a huge following from the women.
Besides the design, the Alta will provide you with the enormity of options when it comes to choosing the bands you can use the Alta with. Since swapping out the band is a simple task of nudging the Alta and pushing the tracker into another, you can virtually change the Alta as often as you like. You can even make the Alta to exactly match your outfit, regardless of the mood you are in, thanks to the plethora of color band options available.
The battery on the Alta lasts for five days, which is a bargain, though you cannot compare it with the Alta HR which has a longevity of 7 days in addition to having a heart rate monitor.
Like the typical activity tracker, the Alta will track your steps, distance, calories burned, and active minutes.
Equally, it will also track your sleep, your sleep quality, the number of hours slept and how well you slept. Adorning the sleep tracking is the silent vibration alarm that will subtly wake you without causing a scene.
Like a smartwatch, the Alta will similarly display time, besides showing you call, text, and calendar notification alerts.
Finally, all your recorded performance metrics on the Fitbit Alta are phenomenally stored and displayed through the Fitbit app. The app offers an amazing snapshot of your current data, fitness levels, activity levels, therefore giving you the motivation to better yourself every day.
8. Amazfit Moonbeam
- Lightweight beautifully-crafted and uniquely elegant design
- Tracks your activity: Steps, distance traveled, running and calories burned . Automatically tracks how long and how well you sleep
- Features silent vibrating alerts for incoming calls and alarms
- Center module is made from hypoallergenic durable and water-resistant zirconium oxide ceramic
- Personalize your device with many available wristband and necklace accessories. Please refer the User Manual before use.
If you are looking to take the discrete fitness tracker to a whole new level, the Amazfit Moonbeam is the ideal choice for you.
Resembling a watch, the Moonbeam will help you achieve the balance and motivation you need to meet your health goals.
What probably makes the Amazfit a woman-oriented fitness tracer is an award-winning design that fuses fashion and function, allowing the modern woman to express their style while working on their health.
Sporting elegance and classiness, the Amazfit is still deceptively functional. The Moonbeam will allow you to track a plethora of performance and activity metrics including tracking your steps, distance traveled, calories burned, and running.
Aptly named the Moonbeam, this fitness tracker will similarly track your sleep, and your sleep patterns including the number of hours slept, quality of your sleep, restless hours, among others.
The Moonbeam stands far apart from the crowd, thanks to the premium and superior material used in the construction of the tracker. The Moonbeam comes in a small, zirconium oxide ceramic plate that is available either in color white or black. The tracker is sandwiched between a gold-plated metal frame that then attaches to a graceful leather band.
If you think that its elegance ends there, you need to think again. Besides being worn as a wrist-based accessory, the Moonbeam can also be worn as a pendant, thanks to the Amazfit Infinity Necklace accessory.
Last but not least, the Amazfit Moonbeam is water resistant, meaning you do not have to worry when using it in the shower.
9. ETTG SW25
Consider ETG as the perfect option for those of us who cannot leave our offices entirely. Besides fitness tracking, ETG also doubles up as a smartwatch for women. Whether you are looking to respond to calls, messages and even reading emails, the ETG will allow the working woman to handle any business without having to sacrifice on your fitness routine.
The Bluetooth 4.0 technology with automatic sync makes it easy for you to pair the watch with your favorite device. Compatibility of the ETG is on another level as it can support a variety of OS and devices including Android 4.3 and above, as well as iOS 7 and above.
Other remarkable features of the ETG include sleep monitoring, pedometer, and anti-lost function.
Given that it can play audio and videos from your phone for a better tracking experience, the ETG is the ideal tracker for those who would love to have both conventional tracking and additional smartwatch features.
Lastly, the ETG SW25 sports a huge responsive screen similar to that of the Apple Watch, only that you now get it at a lower price.
10. Garmin VivoFit
Uncomplicated, affordable and effective; those are words that can accurately describe the Garmin VivoFit. The VivoFit is discreet at the very least, and the ideal fitness tracker for women who are looking for something slim.
Though it has a modest design, it`s bulky with plenty of features. Garmin never fails to deliver quality, and with the VivoFit you can track an array of metrics including steps taken, miles walked, track weight, set sleep monitors, join the online community in friendly step competition and calories burned.
For those looking for motivation, the VivoFit features a Move Bar, which lights up after an hour of inactivity and continues to grow for every 15 minutes thereafter. Additionally, the VivoFit can create step goals based on past performance for the perfect performance. Here, you can think of the VivoFit as a personal trainer on your wrist nudging you to a healthier lifestyle.
Battery life on the VivoFit is on another level; instead of using the conventional rechargeable batteries, the VivoFit uses watch batteries, which can last up to a whole year without needing to recharge.
What probably sets the Garmin VivoFit apart from the rest of the crowd is the ability to pair with a HR strap.
Though it does not support swim tracking, the Garmin VivoFit is waterproof for shower and swimming.
Women have an extensive range of choice when it comes to picking the perfect fitness tracker. Whether you are looking for visual attractiveness or functionality or both, you can choose a fitness tracker that will blend with your style and offer the best experience.
The best trackers for women we have reviewed above are a perfect choice that will provide the best feature you need to manage your workout as well as enhance your performance.