A home gym can be a great investment both for you and your family members. It takes away the need for a dedicated personal trainer. And it removes possible monthly gym subscription from your bill. Given that home gyms don’t cost an arm and a leg to set up, they’ve grown in popularity, and fast.
A home gym has almost all the necessary equipment that makes it complete. That includes a set of dumbbells for shaping your body, toning your muscles, and helping you lose weight fast. But when you have a pile of dumbbells scattered all over your workout space, things starts to get really messy.
Your workout space need to be more organized. Because if the dumbbells aren’t put in appropriate place, they might injure you or someone you care about. That’s why you need the best weight and dumbbell rack to keep your workout space more organized.
Our Top 3 Picks of the best weight and dumbbell racks
1) CAP Barbell Dumbbell Rack isn’t just for fitness maniacs on tight budget plans. It is also for trainees who need weight racks that are designed for a lot less space. While it is sizeable to hold rubber and neoprene dumbbells, it is not sizeable to an extent of holding bigger dumbbells.
2) Marcy 3 Tire Dumbbell Rack is a more advanced weight rack than many brands on the market. Yet it sales for so cheap that you’d think it is as ordinary a weight rack similar to some useless, short-lived brands on the market. If you have dumbbells that weigh 800 pounds in total weight, Marcy 3 Tire Rack is worth trying.
3) CAP Barbell Two Tire Dumbbell Rack goes for the cost of nearly ten cups of coffee combined. While it is as cheap as you can possibly guess, it is made of durable, heavy duty steel construction, making it a durable weight rack. It can’t hold 800 lbs like Marcy Weight Rack, but it can handle at least 500 lbs quite well.
Best Weight Racks Reviews
1) CAP Barbell Black a Frame Dumbbell Rack
- Holds hex and rubber hex dumbbells
- Hold neoprene dumbbells
- Holds up to 200-Pounds
- 30 Day manufacture's warranty
CAP Barbell Dumbbell Rack best suits fitness enthusiast that do not have enough space in their working area. It’s built for a lot less space, so it can perfectly fit even in the smallest corner of your room. And unlike weight racks designed by Marcy, the CAP Barbell is quite cheap. Because of its size, this rack won’t hold big dumbbells. But it is good enough for neoprene as well as rubber dumbbells.
When it comes to dumbbells, this rack can hold a minimum of one and a maximum of five. It is important to keep in mind that it supports a maximum weight of 200 pounds. So, if you must have five dumbbells for fitness training, it would be great if the weight of each dumbbell lies between 5 and 25 pounds.
Good for Small Workout Space
You may not be one of the lucky people to have an extra large space in your workout area. Assuming you are completely limited on space, big weight racks like the XMark XM-3107 aren’t perfect for you. CAP Barbell, on the other hand, makes a good option because it can fit in a very limited space; so it is a good option for persons living in small apartments.
Cheaper than Many Brands
In picture, CAP Barbell Black A Frame Dumbbell Rack doesn’t look like a fitness device you’d buy for cheap. Yet it is so affordable that it fits people who are under tight budget. While it might be lacking in storage capacity, it is still worth the price, and you get good value out of it.
An easy-to-assemble product
Assembling this product is easy, so it should not take you long. On average, it takes up to 30 minutes to assemble and setup the whole system. Of course, you might find it difficult to assemble some sections. In such a case, it would be best if you asked someone to help you assemble the product.
As cheap and good as it sounds, this product has a number of things that you will not like. First, it can only hold pairs of 5 lbs, 10 lbs, 15 lbs, 20 lbs, and 25 lbs dumbbells. Anything beyond this range is a no-no. As such, you should look for an alternative if you want to store heavier weight.
The rack has a very disturbing odor. So much disturbing, in fact, the product may be difficult to use. As such, this rack is not suitable for pregnant women or people that are sensitive to smell.
2) Marcy 3 Tier Dumbbell Rack Multilevel Weight Storage Organizer for Home Gym
- 3-tier angled dumbbell rack for easy access to dumbbells
- Accommodates all dumbbell styles and sizes
- Durable, heavy grade steel frame construction with powder coat finish
- Compact design keeps weight neat and organized
- Easy to assemble
Although Marcy 3 Tire Dumbbell Rack sells for cheap, it is more advanced than some of the most expensive brands on the market. This product is a good option for people who are looking for racks that can hold up to 800 pounds of dumbbells in weight.
Each tire can hold up to four dumbbells, each weight at least 60 pounds. Even if the bottom, middle, or top tire is filled with dumbbells, the rack will still remain steady. One thing to keep in mind is that this rack doesn’t take up a big space. So, it makes a perfect choice for people that have limited workout area in their homes.
It is cheap
A fitness maniac on a budget knows how helpful a weight rack can be. And given that he cannot properly live too long without one, Marcy’s 3 Tire Weight Rack for Home Gym makes a good option to grab and go. Going for under $100 bucks, the 3 Tire Weight Rack is by far the cheapest, premium rack on the market.
Perfect for Small Space
This weight rack measures 38.2 inches long, 8.5 inches high, and 22.5 inches wide. That means it fits quite well in a small workout area. Also, it weighs only 57.4 pounds; so it should be easy to move around. If you cannot move that much weight on your own, you can always ask for help from someone in your household.
When it comes to stable construction, this weight rack has two features that are hard not to love. First, it features an integrated rubberized feet, a good addition that boosts the stability of the device. The rubberized feet are also a good addition because they protect your room’s floor from accidental scratches. Second, the rubberized feet are a good addition because they are responsible for absorbing shock during stocking; this helps to hold the rack in position, hence protecting it from possible sliding.
A Weight Rack Built to Last
Marcy 3 Tire Dumbbell Rack features a good finishing of an excellent powder coating. The dumbbell holders are artistically constructed. And more importantly, the construction is so sturdy that it won’t be tarnished, no matter how heavy a dumbbell is. The surface of the entire rack is perfectly matted, so it can resist scratches and scuffs with ease.
3) CAP Barbell Two Tier Dumbbell Rack
- Made of heavy duty steel construction
- 500 lb Weight Capacity
- Black/White Finish
- 40" storage space for dumbbells
- 30 Day warranty
CAP Barbell Two Tire Dumbbell Rack may be cheap as per the price tag. But it is made of heavy duty, durable steel construction, making it an absolute steal for a fitness enthusiast under a tight budget. This product doesn’t hold a lot of weight like the Marcy Weight Rack, but its holding capacity of 500 lbs is good enough if you plan to buy dumbbells that weigh within the range of 25 lbs and 500 lbs.
What we love about this product is that it comes with 40 inches of storage space for your dumbbells, and it isn’t heavy, so it should be easy to move around.
An eye-catching dumbbell holder
This may not be a glossy feature to consider when buying a weight rack. But I think it is still an important aspect to mention because it makes the rack stand out. Generally, the black and white finish makes this rack eye-catching, making it a good option for people that love weight racks that have blends of colors.
A Bit Larger
This weight rack is slightly larger than Marcy Multiple Dumbbell Rack. Because of its size, it is spacious enough to hold at least six pairs of large dumbbells. Besides being large, it can also hold a considerable amount of weight. Supporting a capacity of up to 500 pounds, it should be good enough to hold up most of your adjustable dumbbells.
As good as its size is, CAP Barbell Two Tire isn’t as sturdy as some weight racks on the market. The reason is because it is made of thinner steal than some of the top brands on the market. Despite being not so stable, CAP Barbell Two Tire Weight Rack is good enough for its purpose and very high quality for the most part.
As much as the rack is made of thinner steal, it is still durable. In fact, the 12-grade steel makes the rack good for frequent use. CAP Barbell also tilted the lower bottom of this rack, making it easy to lift.
If you are in the market for a weight rack that has a long warranty, the CAP Barbell Two Tire Dumbbell Rack is not the best option for you. It has only 30 days warranty; not good enough, because of any technicalities, CAP Barbells won’t be of any help.
4) Body Solid GDR363-RFWS Dumbbell Rack with Rubber Dumbbells
- Package includes everything you need to train with free weights, including dumbbell rack, set of dumbbells, and rubber mat to place it all on
- Rack features three shelves which hold full set of dumbbells, helping keep your workout area organized and safe; measures 40-by-30-by-20 inches (W x H x D)
- Weights with patent-pending Secure Dumbbell System combine one-piece cast iron heads with steel inserts that have been pinned, press-fitted, and welded
- Mat is made of tough, durable PVC material that protects floors and carpets from damaging effects of heavy exercise equipment; measures 48-by-36 inches (W x D), and is 0.125 inches thick
- Includes limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty . Freight item
Body Solid GDR363-RFWS is a weight rack of its own kind. In fact, if you are looking for a grab-and-go kid on the block that looks completely different from all the dumbbell weight racks that we’ve reviewed so far, this is worth a try.
The GDR363-RFWS is not just a weight rack per say. It is a fitness training kit that includes dumbbell rack, a mat for the rack, as well as a set of dumbbells. As good as this sounds, Body Solid GDR363-RFS doesn’t come close to a cheap product, especially if you are on a budget. Yet given that it comes with everything you need for strength training, I must say that it is definitely worth the price.
A Fair Price for Everything
A first glance at this product may take you aback. But that’s only until you realize that the price includes a set of adjustable dumbbells as well as a durable mat. More often than not, buying a weight rack and the dumbbells separately can cost you a lot of money. So, going for Body Solid GDR363-RFWS might save you some money that you can spend on something else.
Strong and Durable Rubber Mat
The rubber mat included in this package is the most durable type that you can find on the market today; because it is made durable and strong PVC material. The material not only makes the mat durable, but also helps to protect your workout space from possible damages.
A 3-Tire, Well Organized Rack
What we love about this weight rack is the way it is professionally organized. First, the 3-tire rack is spacious, so the dumbbells are easy to take out of the rack and put back in place after strength training. Generally, this rack makes a good option for people that love to keep their training rooms safe, clean, and more organized.
An Unpleasant Smell
What we do not like about this product is how it smells when it is brand new. Although the smell will disappear with time, it isn’t pleasant and might be choking for some people. Because of the smell, this weight rack doesn’t make a good option for people that are allergic to bad scent. Keep in mind that the smell won’t disappear easily on cleaning. But it will definitely go away after a few months of use.
5) CAP Barbell 2 in Plate Rack
- Holds 2" Plates
- 500 lb Weight Capacity
- Provides easy storage
- Rubber base to protect floors
- 30 Day warranty
Selling for cheap isn’t really one of the unique features of CAP Barbell 2 inch Plate Rack. But it is still important to know that you can buy it for a pocket-friendly price, whether you are on a budget or not. CAP Barbell 2 in. Plate Rack features a completely different design from other weight racks in CAP Barbell series.
And like CAP Barbell Black A Frame Dumbbell Rack, the Plate is cheap, provides an easy storage, and has a short-term warranty. It is sizeable, so it should fit well even in a small room. It has a weight capacity of 500 lbs, so it will hold a good number of dumbbells. CAP Barbell has included a rubber base to protect floor from damages.
The rubber base also ensures the rack is stable by holding it in position and protecting it against possible slip. Overall, the 2 Plat Rack is a perfect option for people that want to spend money on a solid, durable, and compact weight rack.
A Sturdy and Balanced Weight Rack
One of the things that make this product stand out is its stability. It is so sturdy and properly balanced that it can hold a variety of dumbbell weights without toppling. Even if you place 400 or 500 lbs of dumbbells on the rack on the go (each of different weights), the system won’t lose its balance.
Believe it when I tell you that some racks are hard to put together. You can struggle for hours trying to figure out how to assemble them. But CAP Barbell 2 in Plate Rack is different because it is very easy to assemble. Even if you have never used a weight rack before, it should take you only about 10 minutes to set this one up. The assembly process is made easier with the product’s assembly guide.
A Product Built to Last
Besides making your gym house look more organized, this rack will hold your dumbbells for a very long time. The durability of the rack is guaranteed because it is made of high quality, durable materials. The base of the rack is wide, so it should stay stable forever, as long as you place it on a flat floor.
A Stinking Rubber Plastic
This weight rack is not bad for the price. In fact, its features are a lot more similar to most of the cheap racks out there; and it is a good option for people on budget. But be informed that the plastic rubber used does emit a pungent smell that won’t easily go away on washing. And even if you remove the plastic, leave it outside in the winter months, and then put it back in place after three months, the plastic feet and end caps will still smell.
6) Combo Weights Storage Rack for Dumbbells, Kettlebells, and Weight Plates DBR-0117
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION- Made of heavy-duty steel tubes and solid construction that is built to last, this rack showcases an ergonomic structure that is compact and stabilized in a rectangular frame to conform to the needs of holding various workout tools
- THREE-TIER UNIT & FOUR EASY ACCESS POSTS- Store your fitness accessories on this multifunctional rack with uniquely constructed 3-layer rack and 4 storage posts that allows for dumbbell set, weight set, and other weightlifting tools all in one place
- HAMMERTONE FINISH - Featuring a sturdy structure that exudes elegance and functionality, this storage rack is hammertone-finished to protect it from unwanted scratches, ensuring a beautiful and reliable storage rack that will last for years.
- RUBBER BASE CAPS - Having a scratch-free floor is a must in the execution of safe and secure training. The Combo Weight Rack from Marcy is specially designed with four rubber end caps to protect your floor from any possible damages.
- SUITABLE FOR HOME USE - Enjoy your everyday exercise regimen with this weights storage rack! You can now perform your training at your preferred time in your home, providing a convenient and cash-saving way of getting a fitter and healthier body!
There aren’t many weight racks that feature a design similar to this combo. Although many people use it to organize dumbbells, it can also hold weight plates and kettle bells. The construction of this combo is solid. Because it is made of high quality and sturdy heavy-duty steel tubes, this combo can surely last for the long haul. What we love about this product is that it is easy to put together. It should not take you long to set it up, even if you have never use a weight rack organizer before.
Best for Multiple Fitness Training Devices
The weight racks we’ve discussed so far are made only for the dumbbells. They can’t hold anything else well, in my opinion. This is exactly where the combo storage rack comes in. It was designs to hold multiple strength training devices, including weight plates and kettle bells.
While this stuff may not be good for commercial gym, it is a good product to use for your home gym. It is simple and easy to use, a good option for keeping your workout space free from clutter.
You might expect the Combo Weight Storage Rack to cost more because it can hold up several fitness training gadgets. In real sense, though, it’s quite affordable. Unlike Body Solid GDR363 RFWS Dumbbell Rack with Rubber Dumbbells, this one won’t break the bank.
Easy to Assemble
This weight rack is very easy to assemble. The manufacturer provides clear, precise, and easy-to-follow instructions for putting the parts together. So it should take you less than 30 minutes to complete the assembly, even if you have never assembled a weight rack before.
Built to last for years
Combo Weight Storage Rack is the only product on our list that features a hammertone finish. The hammertone finish breathes beauty and uniqueness. In my opinion, though, I believe the finish serves a very special purpose than just making this item look good to the eyes. In fact, what’s more important is its function, not how it makes this combo look from the outside.
The hammertone finish is included in the design to protect the weight rack from possible scratches and potential rust. This ensures that the rack not only look beautiful no matter how often you use it. The finish also ensures the combo retains its unique look for a very long time.
7) Steelbody Horizontal Plate Rack
- TOUGH STEEL FRAME - Keep all of your weights secure at all times with the powder-coated steel frame. It is resistant to sweat and moisture, which helps prevent rust.
- EASY TRANSPORT -This rack's built-in wheels allow for hassle-free transport around your home or the gym, eliminating the need for tedious lifting.
- VERSATILE - This rack can accommodate Olympic-sized weight plates and two Olympic lifting bars, giving you the freedom to switch between plates quickly. The low profile design facilitates ease of use for productive workout sessions.
- PORTABLE WEIGHTS ORGANIZER -This rack can hold up to 300lbs. of weights.
- GREAT VALUE -Complete your gym with this handy weights rack. With total dimensions of 37" L x 13"W x 11" H, it helps organize all of your lifting plates with a low-profile design that is sturdy and durable. Each purchase comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
If you are looking for a weight rack that can work for standard Olympic weights, Steelbody Horizontal Plate Rack is a good option to try. It is a high quality build that can last for a very long time. This one holds the plates in position very well.
Even if you have a 10lb plate, measuring in diameter, it should fit and hold fine, with zero chances of hitting the floor. This rack has four sections, so you can organize your bumpers with ease. Keep in mind that this won’t hold bumpers of equal capacity, so it is best to do your homework well by having them organized properly.
A two-year warranty
If you have followed this guide step-by-step, you must have noticed that many of the weight racks that we have looked at have very short warranty. A warranty of only 30 days is not good enough. The warranty of a weight rack is as important as the product itself as well as your money. That’s why Steelbody Horizontal Plate Rack comes with a 2-year limited warranty on every purchase.
The most noticeable feature of this product, and one that all other products on our list don’t have, is the built-in rack wheel. The wheels enable you to move the rack from place to place with very little effort. Whether you want to move the rack from one corner of your room to another or you want to bring it with you to the gym, the wheels completely eliminate the need for lifting.
Switching Between Plates
One of the things that make this weight rack to really stand out is its versatility. It can accommodate both Olympic lifting bars and Olympic weight plates. With this versatility, you can easily switch between plates for more productive fitness and strength training.
Built to last
This weight rack is made of power coated steel frame. The frame is moisture and sweat resistant. So it can protect your lifting bars and weight plates from rush, making sure they last for a long time and never look old or worn out.
Limited in Weight
If you are looking for a cheap weight rack that can hold up to 300 lbs of weight, Steelbody Horizontal Plat Rack makes a good option. But if you plan to add more Olympic lifting bars and weight plates, such that the weight is above 300 lbs, you should consider a different weight rack.
8) Fitness Reality X-Class Olympic Weight Tree
- 1000 lbs of real weight plate capacity. 2" x 3" powder coated steel frame construction.
- 6 storage posts with 2" x 8" each. All storage posts are chrome plated so they will not chip or Scratch like other painted bars
- Storage posts have post caps that help align the plates as they loaded
- Weight tree holds two 2 inch wide Olympic bars. Weight plates and bars not included
- Curved floor stabilizers enhance stability and durability. Stable design so the weight tree will not tip or Fall over
The X-Class Olympic Weight Tree features a one of a kind design, a weight rack from a reliable and reputable brand on the market. This weight rack is designed to hold up a bigger capacity, supporting up to 1000 lbs of real weight plates.
While you may not need this much weight in the beginning, the need for the same might arise as you continue your your strength training. What we love about this weight rack is its sturdiness. It stays well put in position, despite the weight of the load it carries. Even at the 1000 lbs market, expect this rack to remain stable.
You probably expect the X-Class Olympic from Fitness Reality to cost an arm and a leg because it of its large carrying capacity. But that’s not really the case. The X-Class cost slightly over a hundred bucks mark, so it’s pretty much a good option for someone who is in dire need of a weight rack on a budget.
More than Enough Storage Posts
If you look at the image of this weight rack, you will notice that it is a three-tire device. Each tire has two storage posts, each 2 by 8 inches. You have a total of 6 posts, and each is plated with chrome to prevent stretching as well as chipping.
No Weight Plates and Bars
This weight rack is not designed for weight plates or weight bars. It is only suitable for people that have Olympic bars that they would like to organize. Keep in mind that the weight tree can hold two Olympic bars. And each bar must be 2 inches wide.
As much as it is cheap and can hold up to 1000 lbs of weight, this weight tree cannot support two Olympic barbells. It is designed in such a way that it is possible to angle weight towards only one barbell holder, so the barbells tend not to fit in properly.
9) Marcy Plate Tree for Standard Size Weight Plates/Storage Rack for Exercise Weights
- HEAVY-DUTY GYM ORGANIZER - Keep all of your weights secured and organized when not in use with this weight storage plate tree. It is resistant to sweat and moisture, which helps prevent rust buildup over time
- POWDER-COATED CONSTRUCTION - Reinforced with powder coating, this versatile plate tree boasts a sturdy construction that won't get tarnished easily, even by the heaviest plate. Its durable surface resists scratches and minimizes scuffs
- COMPACT AND SPACE-SAVING DESIGN - Designed with ample storage space, this rack can accommodate standard one-inch plates on each of its eight posts. With its compact form, you can easily place the rack in any corner of the gym
- INNOVATIVE TRIANGULAR LAYOUT - Store your plates in a designated space for easy accessibility while keeping things organized! This weight rack has a pyramidal structure that provides enhanced stability, ensuring that it won't collapse under heavy loads
- TWO YEAR MANUFACTURER'S GUARANTEE -Experience intense workout sessions in the comfort of your home without worrying about breaking your equipment! This weight plates storage rack comes with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty to help maximize your purchase
Marcy has never stopped to surprise its fan with its cheap, yet high quality fitness products. The Marcy Plate Tree is the brand’s cheapest weight rack that you can get right now, especially if you are under budget. As cheap as it is, the pocket-friendly price tag isn’t what makes it to really stand out. The following are the main features that make this product hard not to love.
The best feature that makes this weight rack to really stand out is its heavy duty plate tree. This weight storage is strong and sturdy enough to keep all your dumbbells and weights secured when not easy in use. The whole system is made in such a way that it is resistant to both moisture and sweat, so you can be sure that it won’t rust, no matter how long you use it.
Exceptional Rack Design
Marcy has done a great job when it comes to their weight rack design. Although the design approach might somewhat look and feel similar to its competitor, and perhaps nothing out of the ordinary, the construction pattern provides a range of additional workout options for regular exercising.
Nothing is as scary as using a weight rack to exercise only to get pinned under the bar. That’s why it is significant to consider safety before spending money on power rack. A quick look into Marcy Plate Tree for Standard Size Weight Plates shows that it is not just built to last; it is also built with your safety in mind.
It has a set of safety rails and adjustable bar support that support mass body building and strength training exercise. And you can work out throughout your training session without worrying about getting stuck under the bar.
Putting this weight rack together is pretty much straightforward. It should take you less than an hour to assemble all the parts together, even if you have never seen a squat rack before.
This product looks so simple. So, it must be cheap. Marcy Plate Tree for Standard Size Weight Plates is a good option for fitness trainees that are on a budget. If you do not have money to spend on some of the most expensive power racks, the Marcy Plate Tree for Standard Size Weight Plates makes a good choice.
10) Body Solid GDR363 3-Tier Horizontal Dumbbell Rack
- 3-tier horizontal dumbbell rack made of heavy-gauge steel
- Can be placed against any wall or centered in a room
- All-4-side welded construction is deburred inside and out
- Holds 9 pairs of hexagonal dumbbells, from 5 to 50 pounds (sold separately)
- Measures 40 x 30 x 20 inches (W x H x D); lifetime warranty
This is perhaps the first time you are hearing about Body Solid. But the brand is no new kid on the block. Competing head to head with the big dogs like Sunny Health and Marcy, they take part in designing high quality fitness equipment for upper and lower body workout.
Their squat stand may not be a frequently talked about device, but the Solid Body GDR363 3-Tire Horizontal Dumbbell Rack has all the bells and whistle to make workout safe and easy. And although it doesn’t support a weight capacity of 1000 lbs, the 300+ is good enough for both beginners as well as those who are already used to strength training.
Reasonably Good Load
This power rack supports a maximum weight load of 300+ lbs. It doesn’t cut it for experienced fitness maniacs that would want to add more weights later on. But it does make a good option for beginners to strength training and do not necessarily need to store too much weight.
Easy to Assemble
A good squat power rack should always be easy to assemble. And that couldn’t be more true than with Body GDR363 3-Tire Horizontal Dumbbell Rack . Even if it is your first time to interact with a power rack, it should take you less than 30 minutes to put this system together.
Not so pricey
Some brands with a load capacity nearly similar to this one’s are a bit costly. Body GDR363 3-Tire Horizontal Dumbbell Rack, on the other hands, won’t break the bank. It is known as a reasonably affordable squat rack with some unique features.
The Benefits of Weight Racks
We know how useful dumbbells are. They help workout the upper and lower body. And they contribute to the overall fitness of an individual. In the beginning of training, you start with the least heavy dumbbells. As you continue with working out, the need to add on more weight to your training becomes unquestionably necessary. So you add to the existing dumbbells by buying additional weights, heavier than the previous ones. This is a good thing, because, at the end of the day, lifting more weight, shedding off unwanted fat, and toning the muscles is what strength training is all about.
But as you bring add more dumbbells to your current collection, that’s when your workout space starts to get really messy. When the weights and dumbbells are scattered all over, they not only become a hindrance to maximum fitness training, but also they could be potentially dangerous. What if you hit them by accident and topple on the floor? For your person safety you need to keep your workout space in order. And what’s a better way to do that than to use a weight rack. A weight rack lets you organize your fitness training equipment properly. And it keeps them in good condition for the long haul.
The best weight racks serve their function really well. Because they enhance better organization, even enabling you to arrange the dumbbells according to their weight, weight racks can make your workout space more presentable. The fact that you can arrange dumbbells according to their weight can save you a lot of time; because at the end of the day, it becomes easy to retrieve a certain dumbbell much faster.
Weight racks also enhance the security of your workout area. A sturdy weight rack will ensure your dumbbells stays in position 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and throughout the year. Your exercise space becomes secure, because no one ever gets hurt.
A Buyer’s Guide for the Best Dumbbell Racks
Just like there is no one-size-fits-all dumbbell rack for all your needs, there also isn’t a one-for-all guide for buying the racks. Because of the diverse variations of weight racks in the market, there seem to be a lot of factors to consider before making a final purchase. To keep it short and sweet, here are the most important factors to consider before buying a weight rack for your dumbbells.
What are customers saying?
You may not be the type of person that seeks public opinion before buying something from a local supermarket. But when it comes to weight racks for dumbbells, customers’ reviews are a must-read. And if you can take verified reviews seriously, you set yourself up to picking a weight rack that can give you the best value for your money.
One thing that makes reviews great (as long as they are from a trustworthy source) is that they can help you make a purchase decision in the shortest time possible. And when you take your product home, you can be sure it will serve you for a very long time.
There’s no such thing as ‘any weight rack will do’. If you use this approach, whether you are on a budget or not, chances of buying the best weight and dumbbell rack are unknown. You need to consider the capacity that a weight rack can hold. And remember, the total capacity the equipment can support should be less than or equal to the total number of dumbbells that you would like to organize on the rack.
Every weight rack is assigned a specific capacity, which is the total load it can carry without breaking down. So, choose a weight rack that is close to or almost equal to the total capacity of the expected weight.
Know your Budget
Every fitness maniac wishes they could take any weight rack home. But that’s a pipe dream, at least for many of us. Weight racks have different prices. Some are suitable for people on tight budget. And some are good options for people that have the money to burn. Fortunately, both cheap and expensive weight racks are designed by reputable brands.
So whether you are on a tight budget or you have the money to spend on any weight rack you wish, you can be sure you will get the best value for your money. Overall, knowing your budget is of utmost importance because you want to buy a weight rack without feeling financially strained.