I am not a morning person.
I hardly wake up early in the morning to run a mile or two.
And I never have the time to hit the gym in the morning either.
Yet, having learned that elliptical machines emulate running, walking, as well as stair climbing, I couldn’t resist buying one.
Of all the elliptical workout lessons that I have learned, among the most significant is the fact that this device does not cause pressure on joints, hence lower to no risk of impact injuries.
In this guide, we let you in on the best elliptical machines for the money. We cut to the chase to provide you the most relevant information; because, we love being as precise as possible.
Front Drive Elliptical Trainers
1) Exerpeutic Aero Air Elliptical
- Compact elliptical trainer with adjustable strap tension and workout computer
- Natural elliptical motion reduces stress on joints; large pedals with ridges prevent foot slippage
- Dual-action workout arms provide an upper body workout
- Easy dial tension adjustment for more or less of a challenge
- LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, elapsed time, and speed; one year warranty
First, this product has a computer-based LCD display that you can use to known the total distance worked out, the time on workout, the speed of working out, as well as the number of calories burned per exercise session. And if that does not sound good enough, Exerpeutic Aero Air Elliptical Machine has a one-year product warranty, effective immediately after purchase.
Exerpeutic Aero Air Elliptical Machine is the equipment for people that doesn’t have large workout space in their homes. And given that it is lightweight, than many cheap elliptical machines that we will discuss, you can move it from one spot to another in your home without any difficulties. The dual action workout arms provide an upper body workout, making this a fitness machine for both lower and upper body exercises.
What we do not love about this product is that it does not come with any programmed workout app.
2) Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer
- Adjustable tension to control workout intensity level
- The foot pedals can be worked in a forward or reverse direction to target your lower body in different ways
- Electronic fitness monitor displays number of strides per minute, total number of strides, exercise time, and calories burned or scan all stats
- Sturdy steel construction, non-slip pedals
- Footprint: 24 x 17.5 (inches)
A number of elliptical machines that we have reviewed on this list do not have user guides. A few that have aren’t usually well documented. Stamina Elliptical Trainer is different, though; because its instructions are well-illustrated, so it is easy for you to follow along without any technical difficulties.
What we do not like about this product is that it is so heavy. Unless you won’t be moving it around the house, it won’t make a perfect choice of an elliptical machine. Not only is the center of the machine super heavy; there is no easy way to pick it. Once you have assembled it on a workout area on your room, you cannot move it from that location, at least not with ease.
3) Plasma Fit Elliptical Machine Cross Trainer
- EFFECTIVE, FULL-BODY FITNESS: Burn calories, gain muscle tone, and improve overall health with this ultra-efficient, home elliptical trainer and stationary exercise bike workout machine. It's the ideal low-impact yet high-cardio cross-training fitness solution that works various muscle groups (arms, legs, abdominals, and buttocks) for a complete body workout.
- 2-in-1 SPACE-SAVING DESIGN: Save valuable space with this compact yet highly efficient exercise machine, which provides a full range workout featuring an 11" foot stride and a 21" arm extension.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION: Tubular steel construction and a wide base provide secure stability and lasting durability. Soft hand rail grips along with extra-large, textured foot pedals (13.5" long and 6" wide) offer even more sturdy support for smooth elliptical striding or bike pedaling.
- ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE & COMFORT LEVELS: An adjustable tension knob allows for variable resistance levels to accommodate any workout level, from beginner to advanced intensities. Ideal for progressive improvement, as well as for households with more than one user. In addition, the full-form seat and handles are height adjustable, for a customized and comfortable workout experience.
- LCD MONITORING TECHNOLOGY: Easily monitor fitness at your fingertips, with built-in pulse rate sensors in the hand rails and stats illuminated on a LCD display screen. Elapsed speed, time, distance, calories burned, and heart/pulse rate are rotated on the battery-operated display screen.
Plasma Elliptical Machine has a weight capacity of 250 lbs. It also features 2 x AA batteries, adjustable resistance levels, and a pulse rate sensor. There isn’t one necessary tool left out, which means all the assembly resources come packaged during shipping.
One thing that you would like about this product is that it creates some kind of noise during use. And while this noise is not anything obnoxious, we still think it sucks. That’s not even the biggest problem with this elliptical machine. The calorie counter is not accurate; so you cannot depend on it for accurate reading.
Another thing that customers have really complained about is the instruction manual. It is not well written. And the writing format is quite confusing.
Overall, though, we love this product because it provides full range workout. And despite the few drawbacks, we believe the product is worth the asking price.
4) Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine
- Dual track two LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks
- Schwinn Connect goal tracking and data export keep you up to date on reaching your fitness goals, Product Dimensions - 70.1" L x 28.2" W x 63.2" H
- 29 programs, 4 user settings and goal tracking are all there to keep you motivated and challenged
- 25 levels of resistance aligned with a high speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel make every workout smooth and quiet
- Charging USB port and data exchange
The Schwinn 470 comes with twelve profile programs including four fun rides, four mountain rides, and four challenges. This for sure is what everyone is looking for in a fitness machine. If you are a beginner in the fitness world, you need not to worry since it is also equipped with nine heart rate programs that are beginner friendly.
Most users of Elliptical have shown more interest on machines that are mobile rather than a very solid one. It takes a lot of time to set up and fix it before you start using it fully. Therefore others prefer a plug and roll kind of machine. One feature that really catches my attention is the ability to set four different profiles, which is great for couples who are performing completely different exercises.
5) Nautilus E614 Elliptical
- Goal Track capability enables users to set individual exercise goals
- 22 programs: 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 custom, 2 fitness test & 1 quick start
- 20 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts
- DualTrack LCD displays
Since simplicity is what many users are looking for, the E614 is the answer to that. It has easy to use features and also simple to assembly. This means that you can move around with it without feeling so much of a burden. It is also well complimented with state-of-the-art technology, which makes it the best choice for many users.
The main feature that makes the E614 great than most Elliptical is the ability to set goals and track your progress. This by its own would make me go for the workout machine blindfolded.
After setting goals and tracking them, you are able to export all the data so that you can use to measure your progress and put more focus on your fitness goals. It also comes with a USB charging port that enables you to exchange data with other workout apps like Nautilus Connect or MyFitnessPal.
6) Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
- Dual track two LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks
- Schwinn Connect goal tracking and data export keep you up to date on reaching your fitness goals
- 22 programs, 2 user settings and goal tracking are all there to keep you motivated and challenged
- 20 levels of resistance aligned with a high speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel make every workout smooth and quiet
- Charging USB port and data exchange
It comes with twenty-two programs and two user settings. The machine is also equipped with twenty levels of resistance. Like many others, the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine comes with a charging USB port that can also be used for data exchange with other programs.
I can also say that this workout machine is averagely priced hence any person who is passionate about working out can afford it. Apart from me, I have seen other users who loved it too. The other day a neighbor bough Schwinn 430 as a Christmas gift for his husband (at the end of the day they will use it together)
It is easy to use for everyone regardless your weight and height. It is advisable though that you get a good position for placing the machine otherwise you might end up struggling to use it comfortably.
7) Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Trainer and Exercise Bike
- 2-in-1 fitness machine with settings for elliptical trainer and exercise bike dual usage
- High-momentum fan blade flywheel system for smooth, fluid movement
- Easily adjust resistance level with the turn of a knob with minimal impact on joints
- Electronic console tracks your time, speed, distance, and calories burned
- Seat adjusts vertically and horizontally for optimum exercise and riding form
It also comes with an adjustable seat so you should not worry about your height or comfort since you can now adjust the seat to your liking. It also comes with an electric console that helps in tracking distance, time, speed, and the calories burned during workout. It has a fully adjustable seat that fits people of different body types and sizes.
Price is what disqualifies many when they decide to buy an elliptical. But the Body Rider BRD2000 came to solve all the pocket troubles. It is averagely priced to fit anyone’s budget.
Another great feature it carries is the noise operation. You get to operate the sound/noise that comes from the chain and fan. Some say, it is difficult to assemble since it is a two in one exercise machine but I tend to argue that it’s new in the market so it’s just a matter of time before everyone gets used to it.
You have to be keen when assembling it though. If done poorly, you can end up having other parts of the elliptical loose hence poor workout results.
Rear Drive Elliptical Trainers
1) Exerpeutic 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer
- An 18 inch smooth elliptical stride length provides a comfortable and full range work out, without any strain on the knees or ankles
- 12 Workout Programs in addition to 7 different training modes. LCD Computer displays time, distance, RPM, Watts, Heart Rate Control with 4 individual settings. Smart phone/Tablet holder included
- A strong and durable 3 piece cranking system for high end performance and continuous momentum
- 24 level Magnetic Tension system adjustable via the computer console
- Extended User weight capacity of 270 lbs./DIMENSIONS: 55"L x 25"W x 64"H/PRODUCT WEIGHT: 84 lbs.
It has a number of fitness programs that you can use for fitness training. One of the most interesting programs, in my opinion, is the interval-training program. You will love it because it is designed for high intensity workout as well as the necessary rest that the body needs after workout.
The 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer also has a heart rate monitor. The monitor is kind of an activity and fitness tracker that helps to keep your heart rate in the fat burning range. To get the most out of the heart rate monitor, you will need to hold firmly on the sensor; this helps the sensor to pick your pulse in the shortest time possible.
The assembly doesn’t cost you a dime, but it does take time. If you have the time to assemble this thing, you won’t have to spend a dime. However, if you don’t have the time to do the assembly, you may need to hire someone to do it for you.
2) Compact Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer
- COMPACT - A small footprint design with a shorter 11in stride length makes this a space saver and ideal for small rooms, apartments, or anywhere where a tight space is required
- PORTABLE - Making the transformation of your home into your own personal fitness studio is effortless with these convenient transport wheels! Simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage. ..no need for heavy lifting or muscle strain. Wheels at the front of the unit allows the user to move their bike around with ease, from room to room, or store it away out of sight.
- TOTAL BODY WORKOUT - Provides a no impact, smooth flowing workout for your upper and lower body. Perfect for a user who wants all the benefits from running, but is safer on the knees and incorporates more upper body movement for a total body workout
- DIGITAL DISPLAY MONITOR - The LCD monitor displays time, speed, distance, calories burned, pulse rate and scan. Its also has a slot to prop up your smartphone or tablet.
- QUIET AND MOBILE - A belt driven flywheel ensures a quiet, smooth and maintenance free workout and the E005 incorporates transportation wheels for easy mobility to move and store away your equipment out of sight
This machine was designed for total body workout. It works your upper as well as your lower body, while proving no impact at all. Overall, it is ideal for people that prefer not to run but still want to enjoy the benefits of running every morning.
Besides being compact, this elliptical machine for workout is also portable. Thanks to the transport wheels, you can move it from one part of the workout space to another. Once assembled, you won’t have to bother about heavy lifting or muscle strain.
Another thing that you will love about this equipment is that it is relatively cheap. In fact, if you are on a tight budget but still feel you need an elliptical machine trainer, we recommend that you buy this one.
3) Fitness Reality E5500XL Magnetic Elliptical Trainer
- Extended user-weight capacity: 270 lbs.
- 24 levels of smooth magnetic tension resistance
- 21 computer pre-set workout programs
- Backlit LCD computer displays distance, time, RPM, calories burned, speed, pulse, odometer, watts
- Durable 3-piece cranking system for continuous momentum
This fitness equipment has 21 workout programs. These preset apps can help you take your exercise routine to the next level within a very short time. And with the three workout goal settings, you can decide how much time you spend working out, the distance to work out, and the target number of calories to burn.
Fitness Reality E5500 Elliptical Trainer also has a smooth elliptical stride. Measuring about 18 inches, the stride provides the much-needed comfort for a full range workout. So, you can do your exercises without worrying about strains on your ankles or discomfort on your knees.
This elliptical machine cannot be used by just about anyone. That’s because it has a weight limit. It is best only for people that weigh 270 pounds and below. If you weigh more than 123Kgs, you should consider buying a different machine altogether.
4) Exerpeutic 1000XL Heavy Duty Elliptical Machine
- DESIGN: Natural Elliptical motion eliminates any bouncy movement that other competitive elliptical experience.
- TENSION RESISTANCE: 8 Level magnetic tension resistance adjustments can provide the user with a more challenging workout
- COMPUTER: An easy to read large window LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan and target zone heart rate monitoring.
- TARGET ZONE MONITOR: Pulse pads on the additional stationary handle bars provide heart rate monitoring
- QUIETNESS: The precision balanced flywheel and V- belt drive provide a smooth and quiet operation. It will not interfere with watching TV or listening to music.
Exerpeutic 1000XL has an overall weight capacity of 300 lbs. Therefore, this machine is a perfect alternative to Fitness Reality E5500XL that has a capacity of only 270 lbs. So, If you weight something between 270lbs and 300lbs or less, you can definitely take advantage of this elliptical machine.
Many elliptical machines that we have evaluated do not have long-term warranty. The case is different with Exerpeutic 1000XL, because, besides getting professional customer support, you get a 3-year limited warranty, effective immediately after purchase.
It has a computer console with an LCD display that shows time, target zone heart rate monitor, distance, and speed.
The problem with this machine is that it is bulky and it tends to occupy a very large space. Although cheap, it is not a good option for people that have space constrains in their workout area. Also, it is difficult to move around. Given that it is bulky, you don’t expect it to be easily portable. So, we recommend that you assemble the machine at the exact workout point in your home gym.
5) Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical Trainer
- Micro-tension controller
- Hand pulse monitoring system allows you to control your heartbeat
- Meter function: Scan, Time, Speed, Distance, Calories, Total Distance, Pulse
- Large anti-slip platforms . With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease resistance so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey
- Weight Capacity: 220 LB
This machine has a pulse rate monitor that helps to maintain an optimum heart rate. But is the pulse rate monitor important, in the first place? Yes, it is. Not only does it help you to workout correctly and efficiently, but also it gives you a better understanding of your overall health.
What we love about this product is that it has more than one resistance levels. In fact, the machine has 8 resistance levels that both beginners and advanced users can take advantage of an train at their most comfortable levels.
Another feature that makes Sunny Health & Fitness the best elliptical bike is the foot pedals. The pedals are quite oversized, non-slip plates that can accommodate feet of all sizes. And the best part is this: the foot pedals give users safe and firm footing even during the most strenuous workouts.
Foldable Elliptical Machines
1) Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
- WEIGHT CAPACITY: Up to 300 lbs. Intended to be used on the hard flat floor.
- SEATING COMFORT: Large seat cushion for people of any size, easily adjustable to fit anywhere from 5'3 inch to 6'1 inch users. HEART RATE: Hand Pulse Monitor
- Please tighten the Screws/Bolts to avoid noise during pedaling;Fitness Goal:Increase Cardio, Lose Weight
- COMPACT DESIGN: Folds for storage and can moved with the included transportation wheels
- TENSION RESISTANCE: An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system, allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout. Refer to the manual for troubleshooting steps of Tension system malfunctioning.
Besides holding up a larger capacity, Exerpeutic Folding Upright Bike has 8 resistance levels. The tension resistance level you choose depends on the type of exercise. For beginners, we recommend starting from the lowest resistance, then increase the level after a few days of workout.
The seating comfort of this machine is more of a tradeoff between a padded bench and a bicycle seat. And because the seat is adjustable, anyone, regardless of their height, can easily get their feet to the pedals. It is important to make sure you are comfortable on this machine. So, we recommend sitting near the front edge of the seat, as this gives pressure to the back of your legs in the event that you sit back.
2) Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902 Air Walk Trainer Elliptical Machine Glider
- AIR WALK TRAINER: The non-slip pedals will help simulate a slow walk or work up to a full run while maintaining a continuous motion capability without interruption. Maximum weight capacity is 220 Ibs.
- FULL BODY WORKOUT: The air walker targets muscles in your arms as well as your legs. Maintain an upright posture so your ab muscles will work as stabilizing muscles increases stability and endurance.
- SPACE SAVING: Fold the product and pedals up to 1/2 the length (15L x 19w x 61.5H).
- AEROBIC TRAINING: Aerobic exercise increases cardio respiratory fitness, which is essential for physical fitness. With just 20 minutes the air walker can help you lose, control or maintain your weight
If you ask me, being cheap isn’t really what makes this product worth buying. It features are outstanding, and that’s where the real deal is. The Air Walk Trainer has non-slip pedals that stimulate work up and slow walk to a full run. The same pedals help to maintain a consistent motion without causing any workout interruption.
When it comes to carrying capacity, this elliptical machine doesn’t knock it out of the box as does those that accommodate 270+ lbs. But it is still a perfect option for people that are looking for a cheaper elliptical bike that can hold up a maximum weight of 220 lbs.
And most of all, this is a product that has built to last for a very long time.
3) ProGear 360 Dual Action Stride Air Walker LS Elliptical
- 36 Inch full range of motion Stride length to increase calorie burn and weight loss
- Individual 180 degree range of motion leg exercises
- Dual action arms provide upper body workout
- 225 lb weight capacity and height range of 4 feet 10 inches to 6 feet
- Folds for storage to 1/2 the set up Dimensions
As small as it looks and feel, the 360 Dual Action Stride elliptical machine has an easy to use computer-based console. The console has a number of features, and the best part is that you can navigate the console easily, even if you have never been to a technology class. The console allows you to view and control calories burned, time spent on the machine, speed, distance, as well as heart rate information.
The heart rate feature is a very important one. At the end of the day, it is important to make sure that your pulse is at its optimum training zone. So, with the heart rate monitor, you can keep check of your heartbeat, so that it stays in the most appropriate training zone.
This elliptical machine has more than one resistance level. And, you can control all the resistance levels via a dial on the frame.
Center Drive Elliptical Machines
1) Best Fitness E1 Elliptical Trainer by Body Solid
- Compact and portable elliptical trainer offers a patented center drive design and low center of gravity
- Constructed with a powder-coated steel frame
- Measures 48 by 30 by 66 inches (L x W x H)
- Moving arms allows for a dual-action, upper and lower body workout
- Close pedal spacing eliminates hip fatigue; contact heart rate grips allow you to monitor your workout intensity
Given it could break the bank, what happens if you if it doesn’t work well for you? For most people, the first question that would come to mind is whether the product has a warranty. And the good news is, it does. Hence, the assurance that you will more than likely get the biggest bang for your bucks. In fact, with more than ten years of frame warranty and a ten-year motor warranty, you never have to worry about losing money.
The E1 Elliptical Trainer is easy to setup. What we love about the product is that it comes with all the parts and tools required for easy and complete installation. You never have to buy anything extra to put this one up. And should any parts be missing from the package, you can contact support and they’ll take care of your problem usually within 10 days.
2) Body Solid E300 Endurance Elliptical Trainer
- Patented center drive design
- Rare blend of space efficiency and stability
- Low center of gravity combined with a balanced frame prevents rocking
- Dual-action upper and lower body with premium handgrips
Body Solid knocks the design of this machine out of the box by upholding and observing quality standards to a tee. It is made of sturdy, thick steel that has the best powder finish and a high quality, solid weld. The pivot has a smooth ball bearing, thus smooth performance.
The E300 Endurance has a control console that gives a user full control of the machine. This control panel has a number of fitness training program that you will find necessary when using the machine. What’s even more interesting is that the console enables you to create your own custom fitness training programs any time you wish.
While E300 is perfect, it is not without its own drawback. The connector that plugs into the side of the machine is highly vulnerable to damage. What’s even worse, the plastic, which are used for stepping on and off the machine are completely are completely useless. And while they serve a good purpose, they are highly likely to break.
3) PROFORM 14.0 MME MID-MEC Elliptical
- Resistance Type: SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance--Smooth and natural adjustments for a comfortable workout. . Heart Rate Monitor: EKG Grip Pulse Sensor--Allows you to stay in your target workout zone more effectively. . Time Readout--Shows how much time is left for your workout..
- Calories Burned Readout--Shows the number of calories that you have used during your workout.. Distance Readout--Helps you monitor the progress of your workout and meet your fitness goals.. Model Number: PFEL58015.
- Number of Resistance Levels: 22 Levels. Foot Pedals: Oversized cushioned pedals. Power Source: AC Adapter.
- User Weight Capacity: 325 Pounds. Wheels--. Bottle Holder--.
- Built-In Fan--. iFit: Built-in iFit wireless technology can be accessed from elliptical, computer, tablet or smartphone; annual membership fee required (sold separately).
This elliptical machine was designed for people that prefer intense workout as opposed to soft exercises. With PROFORM MME, you can work your lower and upper body with ease, particularly if you are doing the low-impact types of exercises.
There’s a lot that we love about this equipment. First, it comes with 18 built in fitness workout apps that you can use right now to get the most out of the machine. The apps have been designed by experienced and certified personal trainers, which means you’ll get to work with the best fitness apps in the world.
Second, this elliptical trainer has a wide cushioned pedal. So it allows a number of foot positions. So, you can position and reposition your feet before and during training, until your body is comfortable and stable.
Other features include EKG heart rate monitor, iPod compatibility, a water bottle holder, and 14 resistance levels.
4) Body Solid Endurance E5000 Premium Elliptical Trainer
- 20 levels of resistance
- Patented center drive design
- Blend of space efficiency and stability
- Low center of gravity combined with a balanced frame prevents rocking
- Close pedal spacing combined with oversized pedals fits any size user and eliminates hip fatigue
What’s more, the two customizable workout programs integrated in the system gives you the control to create custom workout for a more personalized workout experience.
While the assembly of this product isn’t too complicated, you can’t possibly do it on your own, especially if you are not so techy. The manufacturer recommends hiring professional service to take of the installation for you. A professional will take up to two hours to set up the trainer.
Should you decide to assemble this elliptical bike on your own, it would be best to ask for help from a friend or a family member. It might take you long to do the assembly, but the setup manual is well written and very easy to follow.
Another unique thing about this elliptical trainer is that it comes with a heart rate monitor in the form of a chest strap. And the monitor works well with all the preset training programs.
Things to consider when buying elliptical machine?
1. Types of Elliptical Machines
a) Traditional Elliptical Trainers
Traditional Elliptical trainers may be in the pocket-friendly price range, but they are often heavier than modern equipment. Of course, anything traditional almost always looks basic, and that’s pretty it for this type of elliptical machine. While many of your folks won’t have this in their homes, it’s highly likely that you will see one in the gym.
b) Elliptical Cross-trainers
Cross-trainers elliptical machines feature pedal platforms similar to elliptical trainers. Known as the best cardio machine that works both lower and upper body, Cross-trainers are perfect for working your legs, shoulders, and elbows. This elliptical machine supports retract and protract of shoulder blades and collarbones during push and pull workout.
c) Dual function Elliptical trainer
If you are a fan of a 2 in 1 seat trainer, a Dual Function Elliptical Trainer is the best option for you. This one won’t break the bank, although this type of elliptical machine might appear a little bit pricey to some people, particularly if they are on a tight budget.
d) Elliptical Glider
An elliptical glider is somewhat similar to an elliptical trainer. Like the trainer, it has pedals, stationary handlebar, foot platforms, but no moving arms. Unlike the trainer, the pedals of an elliptical glider moves up and down at what you’d consider a backward angle. An elliptical glider is the best equipment for working your lower body, particularly legs, knees, and hip extensions.
2) Design of the elliptical machine
a) Rear Drive
Rear Drive stands out as a perfect multi exercise elliptical machine. You can use it for walking and jogging. A rear drive elliptical machine is great. But it is increasing becoming difficult to find a compact version of this machine. This means the item is bulky and difficult to move around.
b) Front Drive
As the name suggests, Front Drive is an elliptical machine that has its drive system on the front position. Front Drive is the only elliptical machine that gives you the true experience similar to that of a person climbing a staircase to an upper room. Because this form of elliptical equipment is sturdy, anyone can use it for intense workout.
c) Center drive
If you love an elliptical machine that has its drive system placed in the center position, Center Drive is the best elliptical machine for you. It is also a perfect device for people that have small rooms, because it fits perfectly in very small areas. Moreover, it is good enough equipment for people that love quiet workout.
d) Foldable designs
It would be best if an elliptical machine can be moved from place to place. Unfortunately, the foldable elliptical machines are the only types that can be minimized into movable for with ease. If an elliptical trainer is something you would want to move around quite as often, you should consider the foldable design.
a) Stride Length
Sure, stride length may not be a major feature of the elliptical trainer, but it still matters, a lot. It matters because it is a key consideration that can help you find the best elliptical machine model that’s suitable for you and your significant others. A good stride length has many benefits, including a comfortable ride, better health, and protection from injuries.
b) Adjustable Incline
An elliptical bike that has an adjustable incline is always better than one without. The adjustability enables you to get your heart rate up in a controllable way. A machine with an adjustable incline can help you burn more calories, making it easy for you to lose weight and keep fit.
c) Upper Body Option
Believe it when we tell you that some fitness equipment won’t work the upper body. More often than not, though, equipment with upper body options is often better because they work your whole body. It is best to buy elliptical machine that best suit both lower and upper body workout.
d) Noise Levels
The last thing you want an elliptical bike to do is to distract people at home. So, you should invest in a quieter machine that won’t disturb people in your neighborhood or create noise to people living in the same house with you. Quieter machines aren't the most expensive. But cheap ones may not be good, either. So, you need to do system testing before doing the final purchase.
e) Adjustable Resistance/Resistance Levels
Before you buy an elliptical machine, make sure it has a flexible resistance levels. Keep in mind that the resistance level is what will determine how much force you’ll need to exert on the foot platform to complete a single stroke of the elliptical trainer’s pedal. An elliptical machine with your desired adjustable resistance can make your workout routine more enjoyable and even give you desired results in the shortest time possible.
f) Dual Action
Keep in mind that most dual action machines are quite basic. Some do not even come with heart rate monitors. But as long as they can give you the best workout experience and the results that you need, there is no reason why you should hesitate buying such an elliptical trainer for home use.
g) Foot Pedals
When it comes to foot pedal, the bigger is always the better. Buy an elliptical machine whose foot pedals are big enough for the size of your feet. Also, it is important to make sure the pedal has good grip. Smaller foot pedals aren’t good. And they are not safe either. That’s because they could cause your feet to slip, and this could lead to unexpected injuries.
h) Weight Limit
When evaluating the weight limit of an elliptical machine, keep in mind that the weight falls only in the range of 250lbs and 400lbs, with the 300lbs elliptical bikes being the most common on the market. For home use, an elliptical machine with less than 300lbs should do just fine.
A flywheel is like the engine of the elliptical machine. The flywheel is the part of the machine that moves every time you apply pressure to the equipment. This part of the machine is also important because it helps to control all the resistance levels.
j) Heart rate monitors
We know that monitoring hear rate is very significant in cardio workout. In that case, you need to keep your heart and pulse rate in check. With the help of an elliptical trainer with a heart rate monitor, you can keep your heart rate in the most appropriate training zone.
You already know that elliptical machines come in different sizes. What you want to find is equipment that will fit into an area that you have set aside for fitness training. The last mistake you want to make is to spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on an elliptical machine that won’t fit in your desired workout space.
5. Purpose/ Goal
Everyone has a reason for buying fitness equipment. So, when buying an elliptical trainer, make sure you have a goal in mind. Because elliptical machines feature different designs and functions, it is important to know what you need out of the device before spending your hard-earned money on it.
Every elliptical bike on the market comes at a unique price. Depending on your budget, you can find high quality equipment that suits your needs. There is really nothing much to talk about here. Simply put, the elliptical trainer you buy depends on how much you are able and willing to pay.
6. Pros and cons
There is no better way to whether an elliptical machine is worth buying than to read our reviews and the pros and cons written by verified purchasers. By reading what actual buyers have to say about products sold on ecommerce platforms, you get a clear picture on whether you are likely to get the biggest bangs for your bucks.
It doesn’t make sense to buy an elliptical machine that does not give you a warrant. In fact, I wouldn’t recommend buying a machine that does not have at least 12 months of manufacturer’s warranty. That’s because you will need help in case anything goes wrong with the machine, particularly if you are not a techie engineer.
If you have been thinking of buying an elliptical machine but you are wondering where to start, the above information is all you need to ensure that you get home with a trainer that will be effective in your exercise routine.
Some of the factors that you need to consider before you buy an elliptical trainer is the type of machine because there are traditional and modern elliptical machine types.
Price should also be a factor that you need to consider before you make a decision.
In most of the elliptical trainer reviews, most buyers consider the durability of the machine and opt to buy trainers that are made of metal and have a warranty of at least one year.
However, the choice of an elliptical machine is solely dependent on your needs and the body parts that you need to train since some focus on certain body parts while others involve almost all the body parts.