You may have heard the phrase “eat breakfast like a king” but have you ever wondered as to why breakfast is the most important meal of the day?
It is evident that as much as this has been shared among many generations, most people do not take it seriously and end up skipping breakfast.
However, if it is good to note that breakfast is not just eating what is available but eating the right foods that offer health benefits to your body.
When you eat healthy breakfast meals, you are likely to experience the following benefits:
- Healthy breakfast foods are good sources of important nutrients that the body needs such as calcium, protein, fibre, iron and vitamin B.
- Healthy breakfast provides the body with the energy it requires for the day.
- Breakfast is good for the waistline .If you skip breakfast, you are likely to reach for high sugar for mid-morning snacks.
- Healthy breakfast helps to restore glucose levels, an essential carbohydrate that is needed for the brain to function.
- Breakfast helps to boost metabolism.
- Eating breakfast helps to prevent starvation and allows you to properly portion your meals.
- Breakfast helps to lower bad cholesterol in the body.
To ensure that you eat your breakfast, here are some tips that can help you:
- Prepare the meal the night before.
- Get up earlier that you are used to so that you can have your breakfast without a hurry.
- Create a breakfast menu that is not monotonous.
- Ensure that you are in a relaxed mood.
The info graphic below is a list of some of the foods that you can eat for breakfast and how to balance them to ensure that yours is not just a breakfast but a healthy one.
Share this Infographic On Your Site