Hoverboards are fun to ride on. Ask someone who has rod on them before, and they’ll probably confess that they are better than electric kick scooters. In fact, hoverboards are known to be among the most popular health and fitness gadgets for outdoor sports.
When you bring kids into the picture, though, things begin to change a little. In fact, many parents often ask themselves whether it is a good idea to buy hoverboards for kids, or should they consider a different option altogether. With many hoverboards designed for kids, you should know that these devices do not suck after all.
But finding the best hoverboards for kids can be quite an uphill task. We are talking about children here. After all, there is no guarantee that they know a lot about these gadgets anyway. So, when it comes to choosing a hoverboard that’s best fit for a child, it is always paramount to consider safety first.
The goal of this guide is to help you choose the best hoverboard for your child in the shortest possible time. We cut to the chase and bring you only the best options that you can spend your money on and not feel the pinch.
In Summary: Our Top 3 Picks
SWAGTRON T6 follows the T5 is a perfect ride on for all types of terrains. Whether your kid loves ride on mud or gravel, this should definitely be fine for them. You will love The SWAGTRON T6 because of the looks. More importantly, though, you will love it because it is high quality. And, it is built to last for the long haul.
Hoverboard Two-Wheel Self Balancing Electric Scooter 6.5" is known as the ride engineered to last. So if your kid loves to ride rough, this one can and will almost always take the hit. It is said to be safe to ride anywhere. Bt, I would not advice you let your kid ride it on the mountain, as this could hurt them.
SagaPlay F1 Self Balance Board Motorized 2 Wheel Self Balancing Scooter is known as the perfect ride for smaller riders. So, if you have a small-bodied kid that loves to ride on hoverboards outdoors, this should be the best option for them. The quality is great. And, you will love the fact that the hoverboard is designed to last for the long haul.
In Reviews: What’s the Best Hoverboard for Kids?
1. SWAGTRON T6 Off-Road Hoverboard
- FOR ALL RIDERS - The T6 can handle up to 420 lbs, making it the best choice for riders of all shapes and sizes!
- ALL TERRAIN - Roll over bumps and inclines up to 30° as you travel through mud, grass, rain, and even gravel.
- 12 MILE RANGE - The T6 off road hover board has a 12-mile range, and the capability to reach powered speeds of up to 12 MPH.
- 10" RUGGED TIRES - Dual rugged, 10" tubeless tires designed for all terrain exploration. 300 Watt Dual Motor
- ROCK WHILE YOU RIDE -The self-balancing hover scooter uses Bluetooth to play music directly from your phone.
SWAGTRON T6 follows the T5, a previous model. The T6 is suitable in all terrains, and therefore best for kids who love to ride in different environs. Unlike the T5, which cannot handle mud or gravel the SWAGTRON T6 can. One thing I would like to mention before I forget is that the T6 is UL2272 certified with Sentry Shield Battery Protection.
Having a look at the two-wheel scooter, you definitely know that it is larger than the T5. Its rugged-looking aluminum rims with definitely drag your attention. I once bought one, a black one to be precise. It arrived in a good condition well packed as I had expected.
The T6 is set on advanced user settings. You will also need to download an app that will help you run this awesome machine. Adjustments can be done to your kid’s level of riding experience. The only problem I have with this hoverboard is that it has no protection on the wheel guard. I have also noted that when its battery charge goes down, it becomes unpredictable.
Far from that, this hoverboard can be adjusted with the settings you prefer for your kid. In addition, this Hoverboard can incline 30 degrees (very steeper), but I wouldn’t recommend encouraging your kid to engaging in steep riding, until they get used to normal riding.
SWAGTRON T6 Off-Road Hoverboard also features with amazing bells and whistles like app control, LED headlights, and an integrated HQ Bluetooth speaker. Other unique features include built-in carrying strap and huge max load capacity.
2. Hoverboard Two-Wheel Self Balancing Electric Scooter 6.5"
- New Fashion Print Coating
- Top LED Flashing Light and Front LED Light , LED Light Up Flash Wheel
- 6.5'' Wheels with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker, Charger Include
- UL Certificated Hoverboard safe and stable
- Anti-fire Plastic Material Cover Whole Hoverboard
This is definitely the best hoverboard for kids because it is a ride engineered to last. Hoverboard Two-Wheel Self Balancing Electric Scooter measures 65 x 24.5 x 23 cm. It is made with a cartoonish design in mind, so it will certainly suit your kid.
One thing you love about this electric scooter is that it is UL2272 certified. Therefore, it is a good choice for kids that love to ride all the time.
Unfortunately, there is a little problem with this stuff. According to several verified buyers’ reviews, you have to be quite careful with this product because it might blow up. But, in my opinion, such occurrences are usually very rare if any.
Hoverboard Two-Wheel Self Balancing Electric Scooter is the type of ride on that your kid can ride on almost anywhere. However, when I say anywhere, it doesn’t mean they can ride it on mountains.
This electric-balance scooter can run on grass and mud, but this will alter its normal speed. If your kid is stuck with their Hoverboard in forward, all you will have to do is calibrate it on a flat surface.
Sometimes this darn machine can start misbehaving, running in a backward direction instead of running forward. Apart from that, though, this machine holds up very well.
Note that, when your kid rides on it, the headlights will automatically go on. We are not sure if this one is water resistant. So, we advice that you avoid using it in areas flooded with stagnant water.
3. SagaPlay F1 Self Balance Board Motorized 2 Wheel Self Balancing Scooter
- GO SAFER - CSA /UL 2272 Certified SagaPlay F1 Self Balance board with UL2271 Certified LG Smart Battery. Underwent and passed 159 tests regarding safety regulations, meaning no potential fire hazards.
- MORE POWER - SagaPlay has 250W Dual Motors that help it climb slopes as steep as 15 degree and last over 1 hour and over 9 mile range on a single charge, making it the most powerful balance board on the market.
- GO ANYWHERE - Featuring LED battery indicator, non-slip food pedals and solid rubber tires for all- terrain purposes. Rated IP56 for solidness and water resistance. Easily maneuver through grass, mud and sand on the board built to do more. (Notes: Carry up to 220lbs of weights)
- Self-balancing - Go forwards, backwards and even SPIN, every motion, from start to stop, is powered by dynamic equilibrium, which allows riders easily control the board by shifting your body weight. Plus the built-in fast 2 hour fast charging technology, it makes the most sophisticated product of its kind.
- BEYOND THE PRODUCT - 1 year limited warranty covers parts and labor from the manufacturer, a US company based in the heart of Silicon Valley.
SagaPlay F1 is something more than other Hoverboards. Its two-wheeled balancing boards are small; this makes it convenient for smaller riders (kids). You will notice that it is rated 220 pound. So, it won’t make the best option if you have a kid that weighs more than the weight limit.
The deep deck has two motion sensitive pads, which are coated with ridged, and non-slip rubber. All these provide your kid with a safe and comfortable platform to stand on. It is made of double 250-watt motors that will help your kid climb slopes that are as steep as 15 degrees.
This electric-balanced scooter can run for over nine miles on a single charge. It comes in with a one year limited warranty cover. It is made in the U.S, somewhere near Silicon Valley. That means it is high quality. And your kid can use it for the long haul. And, if possible, grow with it.
You don’t have to worry when your kid gets it wet because it is water resistant. Unlike other Hoverboard, this one can easily run through grass at its normal speed.
4. SWAGTRON T1 - UL 2272 Certified Hoverboard
- Cruise with swag on your hoverboard boasting an 8 mph top speed and 7-12 mile range - weight up to 220 lbs
- UL 2272 certified - the SWAGTRON 2-wheel self-balancing scooter excelled in all electrical safety tests
- This swag motorized scooter's new features include: LED headlights, battery indicators, rubber bumpers, and two riding modes
- Patented SWAGTRON SentryShield smart battery management system provides multi layered hover skate-board protection
- This balance scooter features an upgraded 250 Watt motor and gear stabilization for tighter control and downhill traction
Like the already reviewed SWAGTRON T6, the SWAGTRONT1 is also an electrically balanced scooter. This scooter is UL2272 certified. They are also available different colors that your kid can choose from (gold, blue, black, red and pink).
This ride boasts of an 8 mph speed and can run for 7 to 12 miles on a single charge. It can support a carrying weight capacity of up to 220lbs. It also includes a battery indicator, LED headlights, two riding modes and rubber bumpers. SWAGTRON T1 should be charged at least for an hour until its battery reads full.
This ride features a 250 Watt and gear stabilization for downhill traction and tighter controls. What we love about it, is that it is made, tested and certified to work like new.
Also, you will love it because it is shipped with all relevant accessories. It has a 90-day warranty and it might be shipped in a generic box.
This scooter can easily climb a slope at an inclination of 30 degrees. It is can also accommodate riders who range between 44lbs and 220lbs and ride on for hours without breaking down.
5. Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-Balancing Smart Scooter
- The world's smartest self-balancing electric scooter, made by Razor, the trusted global leader in electric recreational products
- UL 2272 certified, ensuring that the patented Razor Hovertrax 2.0 meets the industry's highest electrical safety standards
- Cruising speed of 8+ mph with silent 350-watt motors and a run-time of up to 60 minutes of continuous use for riders up to 220 lbs
- Easy, quick-change 36V lithium ion battery pack made with authentic LG cells, so you can always extend your ride
- Built with Razor's exclusive EverBalance technology, which automatically levels the Hovertrax 2.0 for an easier mount and extremely smooth ride
Razor is one of the globally trusted companies that deal in creating electric recreational product. The company has come up with a Hoverboard of their own, the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-Balancing Smart Scooter. A new technology known as EverBalance was the one use to create the Hovertrax. So, you can surprise your young boy with this, and you will see how happy he will be.
I am certain your kid will really love it because it is built with an ever-balanced technology. Some of its features are funder bumpers, blue LED bar, two riding modes (training and normal mode) and a LED battery indicator.
It is also UL 2272 certified.
With an easy and quick chargeable 36V battery, you can easily extend your kid’s ride. It is suitable for rider up to 220lbs, and it can serve for about 60 minutes before the battery runs out.
It is important to know that we love this hoverboard because it has earned so much fame from kids and youths.