The idea that it is important to have a home gym instead of subscribing monthly to a commercial gym is nothing new. From the birth of fitness brands to the advancement in fitness technologies, home gyms have been a significant concept from back in the days. Today, there are many fitness equipment, a freestanding pull up bar being one of the most popular out there.
The increase in the number of fitness brands on the market has seen the number of freestanding pull up bars grow by leaps and bounds. But not all the bars have the bells and whistles of the best freestanding pull up bars for workout. That’s why in this guide, we recommend only the top ten highly rated pull up bars that are worth spending money on.
In Summary: Our Top 3 Picks of the Best Free standing Pull Up bars
1) Stamina 1690 Power Tower is the most affordable pull up bar that you can buy for your home gym. Weighing only 56 lbs, this device is so lightweight that you can move it from one station to another in your workout space. And with a size of 50 x 81.5 x 41.5 inches, this one can fit perfectly well in small workout space.
2) If you are looking for a pull up bar that has multiple adjustable heights, try Bodyweight Master Free Standing Pull Up Bar. It is easy to assemble, but the most important thing about it is that it is sturdy and built to last. What we love about this one is its stability, because it stays in position even during intense pull up workouts.
3) Elite Pull Up Bar weighs only 36 lbs. This pull up bar is 92 inches tall, but you can adjust the height all the way down to 77 inches. It is made of aluminum construction, a material not only known to last for the long haul, but also rust-resistant. Overall, the quality is excellent, and all the parts are easy to put together.
Comparison of the Best Freestanding Pull-up Bars
In Reviews: The Best Standing Pull Up Bars
1. Stamina 1690 Power Tower
- Exercises include push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, chin-ups with multiple grip positions, tricep dips, and vertical knee raises
- Comfortable, secure, foam hand grips at push-up, pull-up, and chin-up stations
- Steel frame construction for solid support
- Non-slip end caps
- Assembled size: 49 inches long x 42.5 inches wide x 81 inches tall
Stamina 1690 Power Tower is an advanced exercise system that lets you do multiple exercises in every workout session. It features a steel frame that provides solid support, and it has non-slip end caps. This station supports a variety of exercises, including triceps dips, push-ups, sit-ups and pull ups. It is one of the most affordable pull up bars on the market today.
Easy to Assemble
A standing pull up bar is more advanced than a ceiling or a wall mounted one. The complex design sometimes means difficulty in assembling the parts. Stamina 1690 is different, though. The parts are easy to put together, thanks to the clear, step-by-step instructions provided by the manufacturer. It takes about an average of 30 minutes to finish setting up the whole thing.
A Stable System
If there is one thing you can be sure about, it is that this station is artistically and professionally engineered for flexibility and sturdiness. When you use it for work out, chances of bending or falling over are zero. That’s because the plastic caps at the bottom protects the whole system from slipping.
What we love about this product is that it is a standalone pull up bar. So, you don’t have to fix it against your wall or doorway.
2. Bodyweight Master Free Standing Pull Up Bar
- Rugged and durable
- Fast, easy assembly
- Very stable
- 7 adjustable heights
- Special note: you must provide a phone number our shipper can reach you at, to ensure delivery.
Bodyweight Master Free Standing Pull Up Bar is a top quality product, although it is a little more pricey than Stamina Pull Up Bar. Although it doesn’t have padding or grips, it is still a good enough workout tool for maximizing your muscles. This pull up bar is quite basic, so it won’t appeal to people who love complex systems.
As basic as it is, this is the most durable pull up bar out there. In fact, it is made of durable steel, which is believed to last for a very long time, no matter the hit it takes from the environment. Expect this pull up bar to serve you for a very long time before you can think about maintenance and repairs.
When a pull up bar is simple, you expect the assembly process to be straightforward. That is the exact case with the Bodyweight Master; because the parts are easy to assemble and fix. It should not take you more than half an hour to put all the parts together.
The value may be an exaggeration, and maybe subjective. But it is no longer a secret that Bodyweight Master pull up bar is the most sturdy device out there. That also means it is a stable pull up bar that you can use for workout, without worrying about slipping and falling to the ground.
3. Elite Pull Up Bar
Elite Pull Up Bar makes a good choice for people that love pull up bars that feature adjustable heights. The actual height of the bar is 92 inches. But you can adjust it down to 77 inches depending on your height. It is easy to adjust the height; it should take you less than 5 minutes to do so.
A Durable Pull Up Bar
The one thing that’s so sure about the Elite Pull Up Bar is that it is made to last, making it one of the best pull bars, thanks to the light and portable aluminum. It is also lightweight; weighing about 36 lbs total, this pull up is easy to move from one workout station to another with little to no effort at all.
You won’t spend the whole day putting this together, because it is easy to assemble. In fact, 30 minutes should be enough for you to assemble the whole thing, even if you have never use a pull up bar in a commercial gym.
Knee Raises Supported
The knee raise feature is an important one. The knee raise feature lets you use this pull up bar to work on your thighs as well as on your abs with minimal effort possible.
4. All One Stand Alone Pull Up Bar
Trapeze All-In-One Stand Alone Pull Up Bar makes a great option for fitness persons that would love to exercise the upper, middle, and lower part of their body. It is a flexible, sturdy, and durable bar, which lets you do the kind of workout that you love. In terms of pricing, this is one of the most affordable pull up bars out there.
You won’t find a standing pull up bar as lightweight as Trapeze. It weighs only 23 lbs, making it the most lightweight fitness equipment on this list. Because it is lightweight, you can carry it in and out of your workout room with ease. How much it weighs is part of the reason why some people even bring it outdoors.
The manufacturer pays more attention to building a product that not only looks good, but also one that can last for a very long time. Trapeze all-in-one pull up bar is corrosion and rust resistance, because it is made of high quality, durable aluminum material. The seams are properly welded, making whole system strong and stable. So stable, in fact, it cannot crumble even under intense pressure. The handles have been padded for comfort.
5. Body Champ Fitness Multi Function Power Tower
- Multi-station workout tower for working upper and lower body
- Chin-up and pull-up station with multiple grip positions
- Dip station for triceps; leg raise station for quads and lower abs
- Slip-resistant foot grips double as push-up bars; height-adjustable
- Padded back and arm cushions; sturdy base sets up almost anywhere
Body Champ Power Tower is like nothing you have ever seen before. Unlike Bodyweight Master Pull Up Bar, this one is more advanced in the terms of design, and it even takes up less space than the former. The handles and backrest are definitely comfortable. But the only problem with the power tower is the small weight limit.
Vertical Knee Raise
With the vertical knee raises, you can work the core muscles with ease. The pull up has comfortable hand pillow that helps you to keep your body stable while doing the knee raise exercises. Of course, the knee raises helps to build muscles, especially on the upper body.
The Pushup Station
This power tower also features a comfortable pushup station. This is a great option for developing triceps as well as the chest muscles. For people that love to do pushups all the time, this is the best station to do your thing.
Dip Station and Pull Ups
This power tower makes pull ups easy to do. With the adjustable handles, a variation of hand positioning, and a comfortable grip, you can do pull ups with ease to develop different muscle groups. The dip station is also good for developing muscles.
6. XMark Power Tower Station XM 4434
- Multi-Function Power Tower With Vertical Knee Raise, Dip Station, Push-Up station, and Pull-Up Station
- Extra thick 2 inch high-density cushions and double stitched, tear-resistant Duraguard vinyl
- Heavy 14-gauge steel mainframe construction with scratch resistant powder coat finish
- Skid resistant rubber feet to protect your floors
- 350 lb. user weight capacity
A power tower is known to be the best fitness equipment that lets you perform a variety of weight exercises, including dips and pull ups, right from the comfort of your home gym.
XMark Power Tower Station XM 4434 features high quality back cushion, comfortable arm rest, and close enough dip bar for effective workout. This pull up bar is strong and sturdy; it stays in position throughout the workout, and won’t wobble in the event of intense, high impact workout. In fact, this tower station features a good tradeoff between maximum stability and the positioning of dip bars, despite the frame being thin.
Putting the parts of the tower station is easy. It should not take you more than an hour to assemble the whole thing. Keep in mind that this stuff is freestanding. So it doesn’t require mounting on a wall. Another advantage is that it is easy to move around if the need to do so arises.
Dip Bars Close Together
What you will love about the dip bars is that they are somewhat closer together. This has its advantage; it lets your target your chest and triceps.
The problem with this pull up bar is that the weld fabrication is not up to par, and some people find the grips uncomfortable sometimes because they tend to slide after some time.
7. Gold Gym Power Tower
- Vertical Knee Raise Station; Step up and discover your inner six pack with this comfortable Vertical Knee Raise station
- Push-Up Station; Get the most out of your push-up workout with these padded, push-up hand grips
- Multi-Grip Pull-Up Station; Get a grip-wide, narrow, side-to-side-and build better, stronger arms with this Multi-Grip Pull-Up Station
- Dip Station; Build triceps, chest and shoulder muscles along with incredible upper-body strength
By now, Gold Gym is a brand name that sticks. Having designed high quality products for fitness enthusiasts like you, there is no doubt that the brand tops the market in this time and age. Their game of quality design is clearly seen in the Gold Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower, a freestanding pull up bar designed to last for a very long time.
This power tower is made of thick tubular steel, a high quality material that lasts for a very long time. Also, it features a firm cushioning, which supports both arms and back during leg raises exercises. The 2.5-inch cushioning also enables you to do wide, close, and medium grip pull ups easily.
When it comes to a dip station, this tower has quite an excellent one. The thick grips aren’t too far apart. The grips themselves have footrests, which not only provide your body with appropriate positioning, but also maximum support.
If you weigh more than 300 lbs, this power tower is not suitable for you. It was designed to accommodate a maximum user weight of not more than 300 lbs. And it can only be used by one person at a time.
8. CAP Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand
- Assembled specs (D x W x H) 46-Inch x50-Inch x85-Inch
- Steel construction comprised of 12 and 14 steel gauge thickness
- The structure uprights are double gusseted to reinforce stability and durability
- 3 step powder coat finish for exceptional durability
- Bands, bar and plates are not included
CAP Barbell has proven to the fitness market that it can design high quality fitness equipment. CAP Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand is a good example of their high quality fitness device, which is a good addition to an existing home gym. No doubt the stand has good ratings online from different buyers.
CAP Barbell seems to be more like Sunny Health & Fitness, because the two tend to sell their equipment for cheap. In fact, this power rack is an affordable, going for under $200 on many online stores. That’s almost two and half times the approximate cost of the likes of Bodyweight Pull Up Bars.
A Simple Power Station, Quality Build
This power tower is simple in terms of design. But the material used is the type that will last for a very long time. In fact, the thick powder coated steel not only makes this standing pull up bar stable, but also highly contributes to its durability.
A Barbell Holder
This is the only power rack that features a barbell holder. This is good news to those fitness maniacs that love to combine pull up workout with some bit of weightlifting.
Overall, this pull up bar is affordable, versatile, and it is built for both comfort and safety. What we do not like about this equipment is that its bars are not adjustable.
9. Goplus Chin Up Tower Rack Pull Up Weight Stand
- Weight Capacity: 330lbs
- Pad Dimension: 15.4'' x 9.4'' (L x W); 11.8'' x 5.5'' (L x W);Pad Thickness: 1.6''
- Overall Dimension: 55.1'' x 43.3'' x 84.6'' (L x W x H)
- Tube Size: 50 x 50 x 1.5mm
- Package Includes: 1 x Chin-up Rack (need assembled), 1 x Instruction
Goplus Chin Up Tower Rack Pull Up Weight Stand was designed for commercial gyms. But that doesn’t mean you can’t buy it for your home gym. With all its bells and whistles that make the best freestanding pull up bar, this one is hard not to love. That it is affordable is good news to fitness aficionados on budget. And because it comes with easy to read installation instruction, putting parts together should be easy.
When it comes to weight capacity, this pull up bar can hold up to 330 lbs of body weight. This pull up station is quite compact, so it should fit well in a small space, a good option for people who have less space in their workout area.
What you won’t love about this product is the material used in design. They are rather cheap, so the product itself may not last for a very long time.
10. Body Max Body Champ Power Tower
- Vertical knee raise station for leg and knee raises
- Lat/pull-up bar builds powerful shoulders, arms, and back
- Push-up bars to help you build strong chest muscles and tone your arms
- Dip station develops your triceps as you increase upper body strength
- D-Frame base for enhanced stability; measures 58.5 by 46.5 by 83 inches (L x W x H)
You may not like Body Max Body Champ Power Tower because the dip bars and the arm rests can put a little more stress on your shoulder. But it is still a well-designed pull up bar for a home gym. In fact, it is one of the more stable power towers on the market in the same price range. To be brutally honest, this product is made of lightweight materials and it can be unreasonably pricey, especially when it is not on sale. Overall, though, this is a great pull up bar to invest in. It is easy move around and easy to assemble.
Best Freestanding Pull Up Bars: A Buyer’s Guide
Whoever said that finding the best freestanding bar right off the bat is easy was simply telling a practical joke. If it were so, you wouldn’t be bothered so much about what to look for. When it comes to shopping for a standing pull up bar, pay attention to the following:
You are probably not the only person who’ll be using this pull up bar in your home. But even if you are the only one, it is important to make sure you go for something adjustable. In most cases, you won’t have to bother about this feature if you plan to use this pull up bar alone.
All pull up bars support a lot of weight. So, it is important to choose one that’s built to last. Make sure the standing pull up bar you choose is made of sturdy material that can support your weight without wobbling. Equipment stability is as important as your money, so evaluate the material used before spending your money.
If you can fold a standing pull up bar for storage after use, the better. Standing pull up bar take most of the space in a workout area. So if you have a small gym, it would be best to invest in a pull up bar that you can easily fold and store. But if you don’t have space constraints, this shouldn’t be an issue.
A home gym with weight racks, rollers, and adjustable dumbbells is a great environment for a fitness maniac. If you can add a freestanding pull up bar to the mix, what you get is an almost complete home gym that helps you to do multiple exercises in one workout session.