The best wall pull up bar are said to be the smallest missing puzzle that makes a home gym complete. That sounds subjective, and it is. While a wall pull up bar might not be the first workout device you bring to your home gym, the equipment may be the only thing you need for proper upper body workout.
When it comes to choosing a pull up bar that you can mount on a wall, consider an option that will not only hold your weight, but also one that’s within your budget. The purpose of this guide is to let you into some of the most top-rated pull up bars.
In summary: Our Top 3 Picks of the Best Wall Pull Up bars
1) Titan Fitness is high quality fitness equipment known for its carrying capacity of 500 pounds. It is also one of the most affordable options on the market today. Although it is cheap, it is better than other budget pull up bars combined, especially because of its carrying capacity.
2) GRONK Fitness may not be popular as a brand, but their pull up bar speaks volumes as far as quality and price goes. It is a perfect product for working your back, abdominal section, chest, biceps, and grip. It has the highest carrying capacity, 300 pounds more than Titan Fitness Pull Up Bar.
3) The Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount is the perfect piece of equipment that you can use to target different muscle groups. And as such, it is a good option for regular bodyweight trainers. Anyone who buys this pull-up bar gets the hardware, mounting template, as well as a set of instructions for easy assembly.
Comparison Table of the Top Wall Pull-up Bars
In Reviews: The Best Wall Pull Up Bars
1. Titan Fitness Wall Mounted Pull Up Chin Up Bar Cross Fit Training Fitness Heavy Duty
- Capacity: 500 lbs - Can be installed vertically or horizontally
- Can be mounted via 16" wood studs for custom widths at 16", 32" or 52" apart - Mount on concrete wall at any width up to 48" with supplied bar
- Height: Can be adjusted based on ceiling height or athlete height - Purchase standard 1" steel tube(1.3" OD) and extra L brackets to make a multiple person pull up station
- Weight: 35 lbs - Bracket Height: 31" - Bracket Depth: 32"
- Bar length: 53" - Bar diameter: 1.3"
Titan Fitness has become quite trendy because of its high quality fitness equipment, one of which is the Titan Fitness Wall Mounted Pull up Bar. From durability and quality to affordability, this is definitely the one pull up bar you can buy for cheap and use for the long haul.
This pull up bar has a user carrying capacity of 500 lbs. That’s quite a good weight, as most bars usually have a weight limit of 300 pounds or less. Given its weight support, Titan Fitness Wall Mounted pull up bar is a perfect option for almost anyone who want to include a pull up bar in their home gym.
One of the things you will love about this pull up bar is how easy it is to mount on a wall. You can install it either vertically or horizontally, depending on your preference. A lot of work and effort has gone into the design. So this stuff doesn’t just look modern, but also it is quite easy to use.
Nobody loves to break the bank, at least not many of us. If you are a fitness maniac looking for the best wall pull up bar that you can use for workout, you should consider this model from Titan Fitness because it is quite pocket-friendly.
2. GRONK Fitness Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar
- GRONK-UP YOUR PULL-UP: Master the king of upper body exercises using the right fitness equipment. The Gronk Fitness pull-up bar is easily and securely mounted to any wall and makes the perfect and necessary addition to your home gym.
- TOP RATED PULL-UP BAR ON THE MARKET: The only pull-up station with only positive reviews and zero complaints is now sold on Amazon! Newly rebranded by GronkFitnessProducts.com, this chin- up bar is powder coated to prevent rust and it's bolted flush to the support brackets that guarantee a maximum loading capacity of 800lbs!
- ZERO-HUSSLE ASSEMBLY: The Gronk Fitness pull-up station includes all the necessary hardware and instructions you're going to need and guarantees a swift, straightforward and trouble free installation!
- USE MULTIPLE GRIPS & TRAIN LIKE A PRO: The difference between good results and extraordinary results comes down to targeting your muscles from different angles and with various grips. The Gronk Fitness pull-up bar allows for a wide or narrow, pronated, neutral or supinated grip to challenge your back, biceps & shoulders to the absolute max!
- MORE THAN JUST PULL-UPS: Train your entire body functionally by not limiting yourself to pull-ups only. You can also use it as a dip or muscle-up station if the ceiling is high enough and you could even try reverse abdominal crunches as well, by procuring a pair of inversion boots!
GRONK Fitness isn’t as popular a brand like Titan Fitness, but its Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar is also a cream of the crop. This bar is a perfect option for fitness enthusiasts who want to work their upper body. With this pull up bar, you can build your back, grip, chest, biceps, and the abdominal section.
Most pull up bars will give you only a single grip options. GRONK’s is different because it doesn’t just provide the usual horizontal support; it gives you a number of grip options to make working out an interesting experience. The grip options include narrow, neutral, and wide grips.
GRONK knocks it out of the park when it comes to maximum weight capacity. Interestingly, GRONK confirms that this bar can support a maximum weight capacity of 800 lbs. This is 300 lbs more than the Titan Fitness Training Pull up bar. Of course, we do not expect you to weigh more than 800 lbs, unless you have a past record of heavy yo-yo dieting. The most important thing here is that this wall pull up bar can be used by just about anyone who wants to work their upper and part of middle body.
Why it Rocks
The multiple grip position is one of the most exciting features of this pull bar, especially for people who love to try out different grip positions. When it comes to installation, you not only get all the hardware for assembly, but also there is a step by step guide to help you put all the parts together.
3. Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Pull Up Bar with Four Grip Positions
- Upgrade your workouts with the top rated wall mount pull up bar by Ultimate Body Press
- Precision engineered for easy mounting to 16 inch on-center wall studs, complete hardware, mounting templates, instructions and USA tech support included
- Four grip positions with premium high density foam let you target more muscles over longer workouts, The grips are positioned at 10, 24, and 36 inches apart.
- 14-21 inches of wall clearance and a 42" wide pull up bar provide for maximum range of motion and is the ideal anchor for accessories like ab straps and bodyweight trainers (sold separately)
- Order with confidence and get better workouts every day - your satisfaction is guaranteed
The Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount is engineered to target different muscle groups, making a perfect choice for regular bodyweight trainer. The complete package includes the hardware, mounting template, as well as a set of instructions to guide you through putting the different parts of the pull up bar together.
No one really likes to spend a lot of his or her time on this job. So you wouldn’t buy a pull up bar if it’s going to take hours to put together. The Ultimate Body Press pull up bar isn’t time consuming. It should take you not more than 15 minutes to mount it on the wall, thanks to the set of clear instructions that come along with the hardware.
This pull up bar doesn’t save the day when it comes to maximum carrying capacity. For people that weigh less than 300 lbs, this one should be fine. But if you weight more than 300 pounds, this won’t cut it for you. Most people don’t weight above 300 lbs, so this one should do work just fine.
What you’ll like
Because this pull up bar is a sturdy, durable fitness equipment, it makes a perfect option for long term use. Moreover, Ultimate Body Press is one of the few pull up bars that provide multiple grip options.
4. CFF Wall/Ceiling Mounted Pull Up Bar with 300-Pound Capacity
- Turn the walls or ceiling of your garage into a pull up rack!
- The CFF Pull Up Bar is a heavy-duty, commercial quality stud/joist mounted system.
- The 46 inch wide bar sits 30 inches from the wall so that you are not limited by the wall when doing a pull up, Kip, ring dips, etc.
- The installation is straight forward. All the hardware is included.
- It can support users up to 300 pounds.
The CFF Wall Mountable pull up bar is not just for bodybuilders and athletes. It’s for anyone that wants to work the upper part of his or her body from home. It is said to leave you with the best results because it is hard to the core. And the reason why it is hard to the core is it is made of high quality materials for durability and long-term use. In terms of measurement, CFF Wall Pull up bar is 46 inches wide. There is a 30 inches distance from the wall, which provides both convenience and comfort during pull up exercises.
Good Carrying Capacity
Unless you weigh more than 300 pounds (most people don’t), this pull up bar should work just fine for you. Once you mount this on a solid wall, it should hold up your weight quite well, even during strenuous workout. The clearance from the wall makes this a unique pull up bar. Even with the distance between the grip area and the wall, it still should hold up your weight just fine.
Because this pull up bar is easy to mount and uninstall from a surface, you can move it from place to place, especially if you love changing your workout area.
5. Stud Bar: Ceiling or Wall Mountable Pull Up Bar
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- 48" width lines up with your existing studs allowing for easy mounting to your existing ceiling or wall studs.
- Available in 3 sizes to accommodate various ceiling heights or wall mounting.
- Gym quality welded hammertone powder coated steel 600 lb weight capacity lifetime warranty.
- Optional settings allow bar height to be set for optimal reach. 1/14" bar diameter for comfortable grip.
Stud is to sturdy as fitness is to strength. In fact, if you are looking for a solid pull up bar that doesn’t move during workout, Stud Bar Mountable pull up bar is the best equipment for you. The bar is good for an 8-foot ceiling. This pull up bar is cheap. Going for under $200 on most ecommerce stores online, even a fitness maniac on a tight budget can afford this pull up bar.
The Carrying Capacity
Stud Pull Up Bar is for the big-bodied folks who weigh heavier than they did when they were kids. I am talking about people who weight more than 500 lbs. That’s because it has a maximum weight capacity of 600 pounds. And just to mention, this one should be good enough for persons that weight less than 600 lbs. Stud is a good option for family members that love to workout (for the obvious reason that it has a larger weight capacity after GRONK pull up bar).
For Ceiling and the Wall
It is up to you to decide where you want to mount this pull up bar. Most people choose to mount it on a wall, but you can also hang it on a ceiling.
6. Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Pull Up Bar & Bodyweight Resistance Trainer
- LIMITED-TIME PRODUCT LAUNCH EVENT: Pre-order now to lock in introductory offer pricing. Get it first and save big!
- Get instant package savings on the Wall Mount Pull Up Bar and Body Weight Resistance Trainer featuring our exclusive Lay Flat Handles and 'no-rub' cam buckles
- A complete bodyweight home gym supporting highly metabolic compound exercises including assisted exercise variations for full pull up sets from day one
- Wall Mount Pull Up Bar bolts easily to any wall in your home and includes parallel grips, mounting hardware, complete instructions and satisfaction guarantee
- Wall mount preserves floor space in your gym for suspension trainer workouts. Bodyweight Trainer includes full color 23 exercise workout poster and sample workouts
Ultimate Body Press boasts of designing fitness equipment for everyday use. This pull up bar can reduce strain and increase endurance during your workout. It can fit a 16 inches by 24 inches stud quite well. And with an 18-inch wall clearance, you get an ideal spacing that will let you workout conveniently. The Ultimate Body Press also features four grip positions, so it is a perfect choice for people who love to increase the intensity of their workout as they go.
Spaced Parallel Grips
This pull up bas has 20-inch spaced parallel grips, making it great for just about any build. More specifically, though, the parallel grips let you target the primary muscle groups in the back: the traps, lats, and rhomboids.
7. XMark Commercial Multi-Grip Wall Mounted Chin-Up Pull-Up Bar XM-9025
- Hailed as King of the upper-body workout, the chin-up and pull-up will catapult your biceps, back, and shoulders into the next dimension.
- Uniquely engineered parallel and angled hand grips allow countless hand positions for targeting of specific muscles.
- The only wall mounted multi-grip chin-up rack available with knurled hand grips to assist in providing a sure grip, even during the most intensive workouts.
- Measuring 48", the mounting holes are positioned where the XM-9025 can be easily mounted on a 2" X 4" stud wall.
- Unlike other units which are bolted together, the support frame of the XM-9025 is welded together making this unit solid.
People say that XMark pull up bar is a King of upper body workout. And given that it work your back, shoulders, and biceps, they can’t be wrong. The handgrips are engineered to allow for countless hand positioning, so you can target specific muscle groups during pull-ups and chin-ups. The support frame of this pull up bar isn’t bolted. Instead, it is welded to make the unit solid and sturdy.
8. Titan Fitness HD Multi Grip Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar Chin Up Steel 48" Wide Grip
- Versatility: Unlimited grip choices for wide and narrow pull-ups, chin ups, or neutral grip exercises. Angled ends for extra wide grip pull-ups. The center bars can be used to anchor straps, ropes, rings and suspensions mounts.
- Durability: Gym quality construction. Welded 10 ga steel. 600lb capacity. Slip resistant powder coated finish that lats for years.
- Design: Heavy duty construction is perfect for garage and pro gyms.
- Installation: Mount onto studs behind your wall or onto wood stringers for the most security. Concrete wall installation recommended for Pro gyms.
- Dimensions: Width: 48", Inside Grip: 7" Depth: 30"
If you are looking for a high capacity, affordable pull up bar, Titan Fitness HD 48-inch may be a perfect option for you. It features unlimited grip options, which explains why it is fit for wide and narrow pull-ups, neutral grip workouts, and chin-ups. This pull up bar has a user carrying capacity of 600 lbs, so it is good enough for most people.
9. Fitleader FC3 Wall Mounted to 24" on-center Stud Upper Body Heavy Duty Pull Up Chin Up Bar Black
- High Density Foam Grips
- Includes pull up bar, parallel grips, mounting hardware and installation instructions
- Heavy-duty steel construction improve stability for better workouts
- Multiple use of this pull up bar with push up rings and ab stapes
- Gym quality pull up bar designed for easy installation
Even if you are a broke fitness aficionado with only $100 in your bank account, you could take Fitleader FC3 heavy-duty pull up bar home. Sure, it is dang cheap, so much it might feel like a product from a mediocre company. But wait; this pull up bar is actually a sturdy, durable, and flexible choice made of high quality steel for better workout. With high-density foam grips, you can use this pull up bar to work your muscles for hours, without worrying about hand strains.
User Carrying Capacity
Given that most people weigh less than 200 pounds, this one should be safe to use as it has a maximum carrying capacity of 250 lbs. It will still hold up your weight if you weigh exactly 250 pounds, but it won’t take anything more than the recommended weight limit (It just doesn’t make sense to go over this limit). If you weight above this capacity, you should consider other options, like the Titan Fitness Wall pull up bar.
Putting this pull up bar together doesn’t have to take long. It should take you 20 or 30 minutes to put all the parts together. Before you mount this bar, make sure there is 24-inch spacing between the studs.
10. Titan Adjustable Depth Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar
- Installs to wood stud or concrete walls | Mounting hardware included.
- Compatible with any stud spacing up to 50" apart, but ideally designed for standard US spacing of 16"
- Dual depth option: Mount your bar 14" or 22" from the wall.
- Great for building a dedicated pull up / ring station. - Daisy chain multiple pull up stations together for a pull up bar wall (minimum 2 required).
- Weight: 23 lb - Overall footprint: 52" (length of pull up bar) x 24" (total depth from wall) x 23" (total height of bracket) - Bar diameter: 1.25" - Bar length: 52"
It is tempting to dismiss Titan Adjustable Depth Wall Mounted pull up bar for its simplicity. But it’s no doubt a solid fitness gadget that shouldn’t miss in your home if you are in deer need of a pull up bar. The Titan Adjustable Depth is perfect for working out the upper part of your body, so you can use it to build your muscles over time.
Titan Adjustable Depth is an affordable pull up bar, a perfect option for athletes and fitness aficionados on tight budget. What you get for less than 100 dollars is a sturdy, durable pull up bar that you can mount on a concrete wall or wood stud.
Weighing only 23 pounds, Titan Adjustable Depth is one of the most lightweight pull up bar out there. Because it is easy to mount and remove from the wall, you can move it from one workout area to another.
Thanks to the simplicity of this pull up bar, it takes less time to put together. The installation task is a one-man job, as all that’s required is unpacking the parts from its storage and mounting it on the wall. Overall, it should take you less than 20 minutes to put the parts together.
It is not clear how much weight this item supports, but people who weigh 200 pounds and under can use it quite well.
Before you spend your hard-earned money on a wall pull up bar, ask yourself the following questions.
What is the Carrying Capacity of the Bar?
It doesn’t make sense to hang on a 200 lbs pull up bar when you weigh 300+ pounds. This would be waste of your investment, time, as well as money. In other words, first determine your weight. Then, search for a pull up bar that has a carrying capacity that’s higher than your body weight. That way, you end up with a system that can accommodate your weight easily.
What’s the Product’s Warranty?
The warranty of the wall pull up bars varies from one brand to another. Some companies offer long-term warranty. Some offer customer protection for a limited time. When it comes to pull up bars, limited lifetime warranties are almost always very rare. Overall, consider a product that has a long-term warranty.
The brand you buy a pull up bar from is definitely a matter of personal choice. Since there are many brands out there, you are free to choose. In my case, I would consider a brand that has a solid name on the market. The likes of Stamina and Sunny Health & Fitness are great dealers to buy from. Not only do they give you the value for your money, but also they provide professional support service for as long as your warranty lasts.
It doesn’t make sense to settle for a pull up bar that won’t last long. Consider checking the material used to design the equipment. Also, consider checking reviews on that particular product to see whether buyers agree that the item is durable.
There are many reasons why it’s a good idea to buy a pull up bar for your home gym. You want to buy one because it can help you workout the upper part of your body in a way running and walking never can. Also, pull up bars can help you burn fat if you are on a weight loss program. As long as you use them quite as often as you can, they should help you cut down the weight you are trying to lose.
You can also use a pull up bar to relieve back pain. That’s because it contributes to strengthening your back muscles and core during every workout session.