Why should I buy a punching bag when I am not a boxer?
Of what good is a boxing bag on a stand when I don’t really train to fight in the ring?
These questions sound familiar.
You’ve probably asked a friend about punch bags. Or, maybe your allies ask you these questions all the time.
We understand that boxing training is somewhat one of the most underestimated techniques for keeping fit. Yet, it is the most pocket-friendly workout routine for toning muscles and building a healthy lifestyle for the long haul without the intervention of a dedicated personal trainer.
Regular boxing training is a good way to burn fat, built muscles, build self-esteem, boost confidence, and keep fit. That’s why we let you in on the best punching bags and the best heavy bag stands, the two must-have accessories for the ultimate boxing experience.
This article is divided into two main sections listed below:-
You can use the table below to navigate different sections and subsections covered.
Best Punching Bags 2017
Factors to consider when buying a punching bag
Judging the quality of a punching bag and a stand from the face value is not often the best approach. Just because a stand feels soft on hand and a punching bag has a variation of your favorite colors doesn’t mean it’s worth the asking price. So, let’s cut to the chase and look at the factors that you need to consider when buying a punching bag.
1) Types of Punching Bags
Before buying any type of punch bag, it is important to know the type of a bag that suits your needs. Below are different types of punching bags:-
(i) Heavy Bags
In a world where so many people are obsessed with lightweight products, it’s easy to think that the same concept applies to punching bags. While there are many lightweight boxing bags that you can buy for cheap, they aren’t the best for boxing training, muscle toning, or strength training. That’s why we recommend that you buy heavy bags instead.
There are two types of heavy punching bags: a freestanding punching bag and a hanging heavy bag.
a) Freestanding Punching Bag
A freestanding punching bag is apparently the most popular punching bag on the market. It is commonly known as the bag that sits on top of a stand with wheels. The wheels make the freestanding bag easy to move to different workout rooms, making it a perfect option for home as well as gyms.
Perhaps the biggest advantage of a freestanding bag is the actual ability to move it around with ease. In fact, you can move it from one corner of your room to another within less than 30 seconds. And because the base and the center of gravity sits between the point where the bag and the stand meet, this is the kind of bag that’s best for kicking workouts.
b) Hanging Heavy Bag
A hanging heavy bag is adorably an inexpensive option. And it is best for people that love bags that provide all-rounded punching surfaces. You can hang the bag on a wall or suspend it on a ceiling so you get enough space for working out, especially if you have a small workout area.
It is important to understand that hanging heavy bags are unique in terms of their use. Unlike freestanding punching bags, hanging bags are only ideal for specific workouts. One-thing makes a hanging bags stand out is its sturdiness as well as stability. Hence, a training bag like this is perfect for both strength punching and speed punching.
(ii) Speed Bags
Whether you are fan of ring-themed movies or you love hitting the gym on weekends, you must have seen speed bags. They aren’t quite as common as heavy bags, but they are perfect for quick punching workouts. It is mounted on a spring, so you have to be quick so as not to miss a hit.
(iii) Uppercut Bags
You might not know so much about upper cat bags. But it is highly likely that you might have unknowingly used one. Generally, an uppercut is just a small version of an original punching stand bag. It’s best for all the kicks that start from the waist level. While an uppercut bag is good for strength training, it takes up a lot of space, and it is not easy to move around.
(iv) Double-Ended Bags
Counter-striking is a form of boxing training that isn’t quite often talked about in many gyms. That’s because a majority of gym stations do not have double-ended bags. While not so quite common, they still play a big role in strength training. And luckily, they come at a good price.
If you are going for a hanging bag, it is recommended that you choose a punching bag that is half your weight. If your weight 140 lbs, a 70 lbs punching bag would be most suitable for you. However, there are some exceptions to this recommendation. If you are an experienced martial artist, you may want to go with a heavier bag and as a powerful striker, it is best that you choose a heavy bag.
You also need to pay attention to material before buying heavy bag and stand. Of course, these bags are all over, but only the I are made from durable, sturdy, high quality materials. We recommend heavy-duty bags that are built to last.
Type of Filler Material
The material used in punching bag is foam, water, sand and fiber (natural or synthetic). Each material has its pros and cons so ensure that you understand the dynamics of each before buying as explained below.
Fiber - It provides a nice even resistance so no matter where you punch or kick, the striking experience is the same.
Foam - This is what is used in most martial arts training bags. The bag provides a consistent striking experience and it does not settle.
Sand - This is a commonly used material for punching bags. However, you need to be careful with this as the material for your boxing bag because it might settle at the bottom depending with the bag that you buy. Ensure that you buy both a high quality bag and sand for that awesome punching experience.
Water - The good thing with water filled punching bag is that they provide a consistent striking experience. However, it is important that you opt for a high quality punching bag because cheap bags can lead to water leakages and poshing.
Not everyone buys a freestanding punching bag. Some people love the hanging bags, the kind they mount on their own in a workout space. Before you buy this bag, though, make sure the location you intend to mount it on is stable and study enough to accommodate the weight. If you do not have a stable mounting space, it would be best to go for a freestanding punching bag.
Below are our reviews for different heavy bags and free standing punching bags:-
Best Heavy Bags Reviews
Heavy Bags Comparison Table
1. Boxing MMA 100lbs Heavy Bag Filled
- 100 Pound Black Heavy Bag. This Heavy Duty Professional Quality Punching Bag is Proudly Made in the USA
- Included with this Heavy Bag is a 10 Year Warranty Certificate, which Protects Your Heavy Bag Against Any Damage with the Only Exclusion of damage Caused by Weather and Sharp Objects
- This 100lb Punching Bag is great for Martial Arts, Boxing, Fitness and MMA training.
- Punching Bag Height is 55" plus Additional apx 10" of the Lenght of the Straps
- Ships in a Heavy Duty Reusable Vinyl Cover , that You Can Use for Moving or Storage or Your Punching Bag While Keeping it Looking Brand New
And let’s be honest, you will never find a heavy bag as sturdy as this one for the same asking price. That’s because besides being a long-lasting accessory, it offers a good balance of give and resistance during strength training.
MMA 100lbs Heavy bag is very solid. You can hit it for as long as you want every day, and it won‘t break down. It is built to withstand repeat hit. So, it’s probably going to last for more than 12 months before you might want to fill it again, particularly if you do heavy bag workout every day.
Outslayer goes a step further and offer its consumers a high quality, heavy duty, reusable cover made of vinyl for bag protection during shipping. The cover isn’t included in the package just for the sake of shipping. You can use the cover to store the bag after every session of use.
2. Everlast 70-Pound MMA Poly Canvas Heavy Bag
- Premium synthetic leather with reinforced webbing
- Heavy duty Nylon straps provide security and safety
- Double end loop for increased functionality
- Shell constructed from super tough and rugged poly canvas.
- Specially blended filler provides resilient shock absorbency
The company’s latest bag, Everlast 70-Pound MMA Pole Canvas Heavy Bag, is one of the best heavy punching bags out there. And there are many reasons to love this product.
First, Poly Canvas Heavy Bag by Everlast is cheap. You are probably not going to come across a cheaper option as this one. Going for under $100, this heavy bag stand doesn’t break the bank. Given that most Everlast heavy bags do cost more than this range, the Poly Canvas is hard not to love.
Second, this product has heavy-duty nylon straps, which are important for an athlete, boxer, and martial artist’s security. That’s not all. This bag’s height is also adjustable. Because the height is adjustable, anyone can use this bag for strength training. It does not matter whether you are tall or a dwarf, this should fit just fine.
This punching bag wouldn’t be worth the money without a solid construction. The solid design includes a premium synthetic poly canvas and punching construction that makes this product for a very long time.
3. Outslayer Filled Punching Bag for Boxing and MMA
- Top Quality 80 pound punching bag proudly Made in the USA.
- This Heavy Bag Ships Filled at 80 Pounds. Ships in a Heavy Duty Vinyl Cover that Can Be Re Used for Storage of Moving of Your Punching Bag.
- 80 Pound Punching Bag for Boxing and MMA Height 44" plus another 12" length of the punching bag straps.
- Comes With 10 Year Warranty Certificate.
- Made Out of a Special 300lb Capacity Material and Filled only with Fabric.
It is the best strength training equipment for larger rooms as well as small training areas. And, and it is well priced, a heavy punching bag for under $150. Outslayer is pure fabric filled, a USA-made product that’s 80 pounds in heaviness.
Most people argue that this heavy bag is good only for boxing and martial art training. That’s pretty much the scenario. Keep in mind, though, that this 80lb punching bag isn’t just for martial arts and boxing. It can be used in gym, home garage, or in the house for every day training.
We like to think this heavy bag is a great pick for beating all the frustrations that pile up during the day. And it’s indeed a perfect stress reliever if used occasionally. For a fitness maniac that loves to punch bags, whether every day, on the weekends, or once a week, Outslayer is the best heavy bag to buy.
Outslayer is a hard bag. The more you punch it, the highly likely your hands will harden, even faster if you are into daily punching. Last, yet importantly, this product has a 10-year warranty, an offer that’s not common with many brands on the market.
4. Everlast 100-Pound C3 Foam Heavy Bag
- 100-pound professional-training punching bag with Contoured Closed Cell Foam Technology (C3)
- Polycanvas shell for durability
- Natural and synthetic fiber filling blended with sifted sand for a homogenous feel
- C3 designed to provide increased cushioning and force dispersion while maintaining bag integrity
- Durable webbing system with heavy-duty nylon straps and double end loops
The C3 technology doesn’t just provide sufficient cushioning for the heavy bag. It also supports force dispersion for bag integrity.
This bag goes for under $150, and that means it does not break the bank.
5. Century Hydrocore Heavy Bag
- Durable polyester vinyl cover
But don’t just take my word for it. The features of the product speaks for the punching bag. From a high quality vinyl cover to an X-Large size, Century Hydrocore is a heavy bag of its own kind.
What we loved about this heavy bag is that it is made with durable vinyl material that cover the layer of the foam. Another thing worth noting is that the height of this heavy bag is adjustable.
6. Ringside Leather 100 lb. Heavy Bag
- Soft 2" foam liner provides a comfortable hitting surface
- Size: 14" x 42"
- D-ring on bottom
- Heavy Bag Chain and Swivel are included
- Available in soft fill only
Ringside also guarantees a 10-year warranty to all its customers. It’s a long-term kind of purchase security that’s hard not to love. And if that doesn’t even sound good enough, Ringside offers complete installation package, a service provided by a professional assembler.
Ringside Leather 100lbs Heavy Bag is a punching bag under $150 that’s available only in soft fill.
Best Freestanding Punching Bags Reviews
1. Century Original Wavemaster
- Provides Optimal Resistance and Rapid Rebound
- Fill Base with Sand or Water
- Round Base for Easy Roll Away
- 7 Height Adjustments from 47" to 68" in 3" Increments
- Weighs Approximately 250 lbs when filled
Second, this bag weighs about 250 lbs when filled. It has an excellent round base, which you can fill with sand or water. Third, Century Original Wavemaster is a pocket-friendly heavy bag, going only for under $150. Given that Century Heavy Bag is sturdy, made to last for long, and gives that it can be used by anyone, the asking price matches the quality of the product quite well.
One of the most important things to keep in mind is to wear gloves before you hit this punching bag. Most people punch this type of heavy bag bare hand, and that’s not something we recommend. It is best to have your best boxing gloves on to protect your knuckles and wrists from damage.
This bag is not like an inflatable pinching ball. So, it is not suitable for people who love punching bags that bounce back and forth when hit.
2. Everlast PowerCore Freestanding Heavy Bag
- Improved design & strength and ease of assembly
- Tri-disc foam structure provides maximum energy dispersion
- PowerTransferRing collar offers superior impact and absorption and re-coil
- PowerCore™ steel plate technology improves the overall strength
- Compact base allows for increased accessibility
This bag features an improved design that makes it more sturdy and durable. Given that it has an improved design, you can be sure that it provides more strength, too. And with more strength, you can hit this punching bag harder and it will remain in position all through.
You can now strain with full power and strength thanks to the advanced tri-disc support. Another feature that’s worth mentioning is the superior re-coil. This feature supports impact absorption thereby boosting your kicking and punching experience.
3. Century Wavemaster XXL Training Bag
- Extra-large martial arts training bag with high-quality striking surface
- Durable vinyl cover and high-density foam fill is tough yet forgiving
- Low-profile base and ultra-stable weight distribution
- Fills with either sand or water; weighs roughly 270 pounds when filled
- Stands 69 inches tall and measures a full 18 inches in diameter
If you are the kind of martial artist or boxer that packs a kick, you will love this training bag because it provides sufficient resistance. And were it not for the ultra-stable base, this punching bag would topple or slide fast if hit fast. Thanks to the base stability, you can hit this free standing bag hard without worrying about whether it will fall or not.
People that are 170lbs and above can and will find this bag useful. It is good for continuous punching. So, if you are the type of person who loves to punch really hard, for so many hours a day, Century Wavemaster XXL Training Bag is ideal for you.
The price isn’t that bad. For a product that even accommodates tall people by supporting low to mid to high level punches, I would say this product is definitely worth the asking price.
4. Century BOB XL with Base Unit
- Freestanding heavy bag with life-like upper torso
- Creates more striking surface for head or body shot training
- High-strength plastisol body filled with urethane foam
- Polyethylene base holds up to 270 pounds of water or sand
- Rolls easily for transport; multiple height settings
It a more advanced, much evolved bag that create a feeling of real boxing as soon as you stand right in front of it. The bag looks like a real human being. And it has a very sturdy base unit. Strength training with this bag creates a feeling of what it really looks and feels like to hit a real human being in the ring or in the street. Because after all, what else is the point for creating a human-like statue for a free standing punching bag?
What we love about Century BOB XL with Base Unit is the material used for design. It is made of a mixture of plasticizer and PVC, a combination collectively known as the plastisol. The primary advantage of the plastisol material is that it is strong enough to endure punches. And while it is impact resistant and wear resistant, it still has the cushioned coating that many punching bags out there don’t have.
5. Everlast Omniflex Free Standing Heavy Bag
- Fully assembled bag with high grade shock absorbing foam striking surface.
- Nevatear outer shell provides lasting durability and functionality.
- Omniflex neck allows for maximum impact absorption and reduced base movement.
- Low-profile base design allows for punches, kicks, and knee strikes.
- Approx. 130lbs when filled with water, 67" tall @ highest setting.
In fact, Everlast Omniflex Free Standing Heavy Bag comes fully assembled and ready to use. And it features a high grade shock absorber on the striking surface, giving you the comfort you need to punch even harder.
Lastly, this product features the Nevatear outer shell, a high quality product that boost the functionality and the durability of the bag.
6. Century Aerobic Wavemaster
- Size: Bag 10.5" Diameter X 40" Tall; Base diameter-22"
- Weight: Approx. 170lbs when filled
- Colors: Blue and Black
If so, you might want to try Century Aerobic Wavemaster. It weighs roughly 170 lbs when filled, not as heavy as Century Original Wavemaster, but it’s still perfect for strength training and striking punches.
Aerobic Wavemaster is easily portable. To move from one side of the room to the other, grab the padded tip section and pull it easily. Weighing only 170 lbs when filled with sand, this standing bag is more likely good for teens and kids.
Adults can use it, too. It does hold up quite well even after hard, repeat punches, and it doesn’t tip over.
7. Ringside Freestanding MMA Fitness Workout Punching Heavy Bag
- The Free-Standing Fitness Punching Bag is always ready for a solid strength building aerobic fitness workout
- Non-hanging heavy bag design allows you to exercise wherever is most convenient - perfect for your home or commercial gym
- The shock-absorbing foam is encased in a durable vinyl shell and includes an added base pad for protection when kicking
- The plastic base tank can be filled with up to 140 pounds of water to stand against even the strongest boxing and MMA strikes, knees and kicks
- Unlike other free-standing bags this heavy bag can take a hit without falling over - Punch your way to a fit and healthy lifestyle with this solid heavybag
It is sturdy enough to take a million punches without falling over. The design of the plastic base is up to part. It can be filled with up to 140 pounds of water, or the same amount of sand.
Apart from the shock absorbing foam that’s integrated in the vinyl shell, Ringside MMA Fitness has a base pad that offers maximum hand protection when kicking the bag. Ringside MMA Fitness can be used in gyms, fitness garages, or home.
Best Heavy Bag Stands 2017
Factors to consider when buying a Punching Bag Stand
Even with the in depth reviews of the boxing bag stands, there are other factors that you need to consider before buying one. They include:
1) Punching bag stand design
One of the most important things that you need to understand is that heavy bag hangers suitable for boxing tend to have a different design from those of kicking. Stands designed for kicking have the bag stand legs wider apart while those designed for boxing have bars that may prevent you from kicking.
2) Weight Limit on the Bag Stand
Most standard heavy bag stands have a weight limit of 100 lbs. If the bag is too heavy for the stand, it may cause the beam to bend down and if it is too light, you might not feel the impact when kicking. Choose the weight limit that is within the weight of the heavy bag you want to hang on the stand.
3) Construction Quality
In most cases, the construction quality of the punching bag stands will depend with its price. A mid-level bag provides you with a decent build that will last you for some time. Most cheap punching bag stands are made from steel tubing and are light weight.
Another thing that you need to keep in mind is that a good punching bag stand cannot function well with a weak and wobbling heavy bag.
No matter what you are buying, it is always good to consider the price because it says more about the product. Most cheap heavy bag hangers cost $100-$400 while premium bag stands cost about $300 - $400. Note that some cheap boxing bag stands tend to last longer while some expensive punching bag stands are short lived. Because of these variations, you will need to consider all other factors before you determine whether to buy or not.
Below are the reviews of our hand picked and tested stands:-
Punching Bag Stands Comparison Table
1. Everlast 2 Station Heavy Bag Stand
- Stand from industry leader Everlast holds both heavy and speed bags
- Rugged, powder-coated steel tubing construction and three weight pegs provide maximum durability
- Supports any heavy bag up to 100 pounds
- Adjustable height speed bag platform handles all speed bag sizes
- Stand measures 48.25-by-84-by-69 inches (W x H x D)
There are so many separate pieces of this product. Yet, it is still easy to assemble. And while it comes with everything you need for heavy bag support and smooth strength training, this stand doesn’t comes with a socket set, a wrench set, or a mallet. You will have to buy these as separate products.
2. Muay Thai Heavy Bag Stand
- Muay Thai Kick Boxing Heavy Punching Bag Stand.
- 350lbs weight capacity. Comes with 15 Year Warranty.
- 7.8ft tall, Heavy Duty, Made in USA, Stand for all size heavy bags up to 350lbs.
- Includes 4 unfilled sand bags to weight down the station ( see image)
- Easy 7 screw assembly
Muay Thai Martial art has a history that majority of sports maniacs love to read. But rarely do such anecdotes ever mention the Muay Thai Heavy Bag Stand. Initially, this stand was designed for martial artists, especially the Muay Thai. But a lot has since changed because now the stand is popular outside the martial arts perimeter. It is there in home and gyms, and it is loved by both boxers and kick boxers.
Unlike Everlast Heavy Bag Stand, Muay Thai can hold up to 350 lbs, making it a perfect option for those who have or plan to buy heavy bags that weigh more than 100 lbs. The stand is about 7.5 feet tall. It also features five screw assemblies that are easy to manage.
Here is the fun part: this product has a warranty of one decade. That’s crazy, and we know it. But such a long-period warranty is a smart business technique that this company is using to keep customers happy.
What we liked about this stand is that you can customize it in any way you want. Also, we like that it is a heavy-duty bag designed to last. On the other hand, Muay Thai isn’t pocket-friendly. It is not suitable for people that have a limited budget.
3. Everlast Single Station Heavy Bag Stand
- This bundle comes with the Everlast Single Station Heavy Bag Stand and a 70 lbs. Heavy Bag Kit which is the complete set up for your gym!
- Everlast Single-Station Heavy Bag Stand will meet all your requirements. The Everlast Boxing Bag Stand comes with sturdy three weight plate pegs for excellent stability and is perfect for training. This punching bag stand is easy to assemble and can hold up to 100 lbs.
- The Single Station Heavy Bag Stand is made from high-quality powder-coated steel tubing, so there is no need to worry about its long-term strength or durability. It's easy assembly, Training bag stand holds any size bag up to 100-pounds 57"L x 47.6"W x 88.2"H
- The Everlast 70 lbs Heavy Bag Kit is your key to fitness. To start training and conditioning in style, you will need a lightweight punching bag and the Everlast 70 lbs bag is the right choice. With the Everlast 70 lb heavy bag kit, you can kick into action in no time, work out your muscles and stay fit. It includes boxing gloves and hand wraps along with the 70 lb punching bag. In addition, a bracket mount and chain assembly is also provided to securely hold the boxing bag to the ceiling.
- Everlast 70 lbs. Heavy Bag Kit includes: 70-pound heavy bag, a Ceiling Bracket mount with Chain assembly, Everlast boxing gloves and Hand wraps. The Heavy Bag is 12" diameter and 36" in height.
The only color available is black. And to be honest, we do not think color should influence your purchase decision that much. Although for some people it does. Everlast Single Station is also scratch-resistant, thanks to the powder coating on its frames.
One of the features that set the station apart from the regular Everlast bag stand is the shipment. It is important to understand that there are two different shipments for this package. The first shipment includes a hanging kit, hand wraps, boxing gloves, and a heavy bag. The other shipment comes with only a punching bag stand.
One thing we didn’t like about this package is that the quality of the boxing gloves is not up to par. So, you will need to buy another pair because these ones wear out quite fast.
4. X Mark Deluxe Power Tower & Heavy Bag Stand
- The XM-2842 features a vertical knee raise, dip station, push-up station, split grip pull-up bar, and heavy bag workout station.
- Extra thick 2.5-inch high-density cushion and double stitched, tear-resistant Duraguard vinyl
- Heavy 14-gauge steel mainframe construction with scratch resistant powder coat finish
- Skid resistant rubber feet to protect your floors
- 100 lb. heavy bag capacity (Heavy Bag NOT Included)
Strength training is fun when you can punch a heavy bag on a sturdy stand. And if it is a training gadget supporting cardio workout, working out becomes more fun. X Mark Deluxe is about power training and having fun at the same time; that’s because it combines two exercises: cardio and boxing.
We love the power tower because it eliminates the need for a pull up bar because it is perfect for push-ups and pull-up exercises. The tower station is a comfort zone for people that love doing dips frequently.
As long as the bolts are properly fastened, this kit should hold about 200 lbs heavy bag pretty well.
5. X Marker Spacemiser Pivoting Heavy Bag Wall Mount
- Heavy Bag Hanger Dimensions: 27.5in Long / Weight: 27 Lbs / Weight Capacity: 75-Lb Punching Bag
- Punching Bag Wall Mount Is Constructed With 11-Gauge Steel For Superior Durability
- Features The Spacemiser Pivoting System Which Allows You To Rotate Your Heavy Bag Up Against The Wall And Out Of The Way
- Built With Adjustable Height Feature
- 1 Year Limited Manufacturers Warranty
Now, I should warn you. This product is not rust-resistant straight out of the box. So, if you want to use it outdoors, you will have to saturate it with oil. What we loved about this stand it is that it is pocket friendly. It is the best punching bag under 100 dollars that gives you the best bangs for the bucks.
6. Everlast Heavy Bag Stand
Everlast has a solid name in the market that competition can only dream of. And that’s because they follow their production quality standards to a tee. And they have Everlast Heavy Bag Stand to show for it. No doubt, this product is not just eye-catching; it is also built to last.
Everlast bag stand is about 7-foot tall. And, it is very easy to assemble. As thin as you think it looks, this stand can hold up a heavy bag weighing up to 100 lbs. And if that’s not good enough, the three-weight plate peg and power coated steel tubing makes it sturdy enough to handle the weight.
This product looks and feels basic. Sure, it may not be as feature-packed as the chin up bar, but it is definitely a piece of equipment that gets the job done. Of course, the price is good. We strongly feel that it is reasonable that this stand costs only under 100 dollars, particularly given that it’s quite basic.
We like the fact that it has a very nice design. And we love it because it does not create any noise, even after long hours of strength and boxing training. The height of the stand is not adjustable, so it is not suitable for all users.
- Heavy duty, powder coated steel tubing
- Easy to assemble & will accommodate any heavy bag up to 100 lbs.
- Includes 3 weight plate pegs for maximum strength & durability
- Footprint: 69" L x 48.25" W x 84.13" tall
7. Balazs Universal Boxing Stand
- Perfect for any room. Totally freestanding. Holds one heavy bag.
- No extra weights are needed for support.
- Can fit up to a 6 ft long punching bag. Can support up to 300 lb.
- Can be upgraded with a Speed Bag Platform or more Punching Bags
- Made in USA . Lifetime Warranty (See details.)
Balazs does not need additional weight to hold it down. It is perfect for home use as well as a regular gym setup. However, this is one of the most expensive heavy bag stands on the market. While it has tons of premium features, it is not for people who are on a tight budget.
8. Century Heavy Bag Stand
- Heavy-duty gray bag stand
- 3-in. tubular steel construction
- Weight capacity: 100-lbs.
- Perfect for boxers and martial artists
- Some assembly required
Century heavy bag stand can be used by adults as well as children. Despite the quality of the product and all the premium features, we do not like the noise it creates when punching the bag. If continuous noise is something that might bother you, we recommend checking other options in this review guide.
9. Ringside Free Standing Station Boxing Bag Stand
- This Free-Standing Fitness Station is always ready for a solid strength building aerobic fitness workout
- Non-mounted hanging heavy bag design allows you to exercise wherever is most convenient - perfect for your home or commercial gym
- Made of durable steel construction and works well with a long bag - Size: 9.5-inch tall x 35-inch wide x 52-inch deep
- This heavy bag stand is designed to stand against even the strongest boxing and MMA strikes, knees and kicks
- Allows 180 degrees access to the bag - Punch your way to a fit and healthy lifestyle with this sturdy heavybag stand
What we love about this product is that it doesn’t take up plenty of space in a room. Moreover, it supports 180 degrees access. This means you get a good access to a very wide area of your punching bag.
Many stands on the market do not last for long. And the reason is they are simply made of low quality materials. Ringside Free Standing Stations is different. That’s because it is made of high quality, durable steel that works great with long, heavy bags.
What we don’t like about this item is the installation instruction. We think the instructions are far much out of place, because they are hard to understand. You may also have to add some weight on it to prevent it from falling. To be fair enough, we think these drawbacks are a little more inconveniencing.
10. Yes 4 All Wall Mount Heavy Bag Hanger
- HEAVY-GAUGE STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Constructed of heavy-gauge solid steel for worry-free usage and superior durability and stability, support up to 100 lbs
- BLACK POWDER COATING FINISH: Comes with black powder coating finish with special red oxide anti-rust formulation to increase durability and prevent corrosion
- PULL-PIN ADJUSTMENT SWIVEL: Features a space miser pivoting system to allow you to swivel your heavy bag to the side and out of the way when not in use
- ALL HARDWARE INCLUDED: All hardware and manual instruction are included. Heavy bag wall mount will be easy to attach to any concrete or 12" wood stud wall to bring an intense boxing workout at your own home
- 1-YEAR WARR AND 60-DAY SATISFACTION WARR: Our Wall Mount Heavy Bag Hanger stands up to 1-year warranty or if you think it's not for you, contact us and receive all your money back within 60 days of purchase
Its country of manufacturer speaks volumes, too. The Yes 4 All Bag hanger is a China-made product. So, you can be sure that this product will last for a very long time. You do not even have to think about it breaking down or something like that.
One of the things we really like about this bag hanger is the swivel boxing chain. It is an addition to the package; and it doesn’t attract any extra costs. We also love the fact that the stands enough to hold the weight of the bag in position, no matter how hard you hit the bag. Also, Yes 4 All is the best punching bag stand for people that love to have a 360-degree rotation.
Unless you live in an owned apartment, you might face the challenge of drilling this stand. But if you are okay with paying your Landlord more money before you move out of their premises, the feel free to mount it on the wall of a rented house.
That’s it, a comprehensive list of the best punching bags and top rated punching bag stands on the market.
To get the most out of these bags and bag stands for boxing, please make sure you use additional gears such as boxing shoes, boxing gloves, and head gears. These accessories are necessary both for your comfort and for your safety.