The best punching bag stand is the missing puzzle that makes a heavy bag complete. It is a necessary evil for fitness maniacs that do not want anything to do with freestanding punching bags. Because, after all, heavy bags for boxing and strength training are completely indispensable of the stands.
As common as the stands have become, finding a perfect fit right off the bat isn’t easy. The number of brands on the market has increased by leaps and bounds, from Everlast and Exerpeutic to a known dealer in your street. So much, in fact, to a point many people have no idea what makes the best heavy bag stand yet.
We wrote this guide to help you choose punching bags from brands that care about giving you the best value for your money. We cut through the noise, letting you in only on top picks, and explaining why our recommendation are worth every dime you are willing to spend.
Top 3 Picks of the Best Heavy Bag Stands
1) Everlast Heavy Bag Stand hit the limelight because of the durable build. Although it looks thin to the eyes, it supports a weight of up to 100 lbs. It is about 7-foot tall, so it can support long heavy bags. Thanks to the power coated steel tubing and the three-weight plate peg, this stand is sturdy enough to handle all the weight.
2) Muay Thai Heavy Bag Stand was first designed for the Muay Thai martial artists. Because of its quality, especially the sturdiness and durability, it is now used beyond the martial art circle. It is a perfect option for a home as well as a commercial gym. It is cheap, built to last, and it can hold up a heavy bag weighing up to 350 lbs.
3) Everlast Single Station Heavy Bag Stand is a new kid on the block featuring the bells and whistles for a punching bag stand that really stands out. It can support a bag of only 70 lbs, a capacity not good enough for heavy strength training, but good enough for beginners. The package also includes hand wraps, bracket mounts, the 70lbs heavy bag, and a chain assembly.
Lets compare these punching bag stands before we dive into the reviews
Reviews of the top Heavy Bag Stands
1. Everlast Heavy Bag Stand
- Heavy duty, powder coated steel tubing
- Easy to assemble & will accommodate any heavy bag up to 100 lbs.
- Includes 3 weight plate pegs for maximum strength & durability
- Footprint: 69" L x 48.25" W x 84.13" tall
Everlast has a solid name in the market that competition can only dream of. And that’s because they follow their production quality standards to a tee. And they have Everlast Heavy Bag Stand to show for it. No doubt, this product is not just eye-catching; it is also built to last.
Everlast bag stand is about 7-foot tall. And, it is very easy to assemble. As thin as you think it looks, this stand can hold up a heavy bag weighing up to 100 lbs. And if that’s not good enough, the three-weight plate peg and power coated steel tubing makes it sturdy enough to handle the weight.
This product looks and feels basic. Sure, it may not be as feature-packed as the chin up bar, but it is definitely a piece of equipment that gets the job done. Of course, the price is good. We strongly feel that it is reasonable that this stand costs only under 100 dollars, particularly given that it’s quite basic.
We like the fact that it has a very nice design. And we love it because it does not create any noise, even after long hours of strength and boxing training. The height of the stand is not adjustable, so it is not suitable for all users.
It is important to note that Everlast Heavy Bag Stand does not support the 360 degree access. So it is not for people that love to practice circling opponents or hanging angles. However, it is a useful stand for people that want to test their conditioning and endurance and increase their punching power.
2. Muay Thai Heavy Bag Stand
Muay Thai Martial art has a history that majority of sports maniacs love to read. But rarely do such anecdotes ever mention the Muay Thai Heavy Bag Stand. Initially, this stand was designed for martial artists, especially the Muay Thai. But a lot has since changed because now the stand is popular outside the martial arts perimeter. It is there in home and gyms, and it is loved by both boxers and kick boxers.
Unlike Everlast Heavy Bag Stand, Muay Thai can hold up to 350 lbs, making it a perfect option for those who have or plan to buy heavy bags that weigh more than 100 lbs. The stand is about 7.5 feet tall. It also features five screw assemblies that are easy to manage.
Here is the fun part: this product has a warranty of one decade. That’s crazy, and we know it. But such a long-period warranty is a smart business technique that this company is using to keep customers happy.
What we liked about this stand is that you can customize it in any way you want. Also, we like that it is a heavy-duty bag designed to last. On the other hand, Muay Thai isn’t pocket-friendly making it unsuitable for people that have a limited budget.
What we love about this product is that it is easy to customize. Also, it features metal shavings on the edges, and these are good if you love splinter. Because it is made of heavy duty material, you can expect this punching bag to last for a very long time. Unfortunately, though, it is quite expensive, hence not a perfect choice for people on tight budget.
3. Everlast Single Station Heavy Bag Stand
- This bundle comes with the Everlast Single Station Heavy Bag Stand and a 70 lbs. Heavy Bag Kit which is the complete set up for your gym!
- Everlast Single-Station Heavy Bag Stand will meet all your requirements. The Everlast Boxing Bag Stand comes with sturdy three weight plate pegs for excellent stability and is perfect for training. This punching bag stand is easy to assemble and can hold up to 100 lbs.
- The Single Station Heavy Bag Stand is made from high-quality powder-coated steel tubing, so there is no need to worry about its long-term strength or durability. It's easy assembly, Training bag stand holds any size bag up to 100-pounds 57"L x 47.6"W x 88.2"H
- The Everlast 70 lbs Heavy Bag Kit is your key to fitness. To start training and conditioning in style, you will need a lightweight punching bag and the Everlast 70 lbs bag is the right choice. With the Everlast 70 lb heavy bag kit, you can kick into action in no time, work out your muscles and stay fit. It includes boxing gloves and hand wraps along with the 70 lb punching bag. In addition, a bracket mount and chain assembly is also provided to securely hold the boxing bag to the ceiling.
- Everlast 70 lbs. Heavy Bag Kit includes: 70-pound heavy bag, a Ceiling Bracket mount with Chain assembly, Everlast boxing gloves and Hand wraps. The Heavy Bag is 12" diameter and 36" in height.
It is amazing what Everlast Single Station Heavy Bag Stand has to offer for under $200 dollars. The Single Station is a kit of a kind. The kit (package) includes Everlast Boxing Gloves, hand wraps, 70 lbs heavy bag, a chain assembly, and bracket mounts. That’s not all. For just under $200, you are actually buying a heavy bag stand that’s made from high quality sturdy, and durable steel tubes.
The only color available is black. And to be honest, we do not think color should influence your purchase decision that much. Although for some people it does. Everlast Single Station is also scratch-resistant, thanks to the powder coating on its frames.
One of the features that set the station apart from the regular Everlast bag stand is the shipment. It is important to understand that there are two different shipments for this package. The first shipment includes a hanging kit, hand wraps, boxing gloves, and a heavy bag. The other shipment comes with only a punching bag stand.
One thing we didn’t like about this package is that the quality of the boxing gloves is not up to par. So, you will need to buy another pair because these ones wear out quite fast.
Everlast Single Station Heavy Bag Stand may be shaky and sometimes noisy, but it is built to endure rigorous and frequent punches. And given that it comes with gloves and a heavy bag in the package, you never have to spend an extra coin on additional accessories, unless you really want to.
4. X Mark Deluxe Power Tower & Heavy Bag Stand
- The XM-2842 features a vertical knee raise, dip station, push-up station, split grip pull-up bar, and heavy bag workout station.
- Extra thick 2.5-inch high-density cushion and double stitched, tear-resistant Duraguard vinyl
- Heavy 14-gauge steel mainframe construction with scratch resistant powder coat finish
- Skid resistant rubber feet to protect your floors
- 100 lb. heavy bag capacity (Heavy Bag NOT Included)
Strength training is fun when you can punch a heavy bag on a sturdy stand. And if it is a training gadget supporting cardio workout, working out becomes more fun. X Mark Deluxe is about power training and having fun at the same time; that’s because it combines two exercises: cardio and boxing.
We love the power tower because it eliminates the need for a pull up bar because it is perfect for push-ups and pull-up exercises. The tower station is a comfort zone for people that love doing dips frequently.
As long as the bolts are properly fastened, this kit should hold about 200 lbs heavy bag pretty well.
One of the coolest things about the X Mark Deluxe Power Tower is that it has a pull-up, leg raise, and push up station that is good enough for bodyweight training. This stand makes a powerful alternative to gym subscription because the station makes it possible to exercise entire body.
This station doesn’t support very heavy bags. In fact, anything above 100 lbs isn’t meant for this stand. Even then, the 45 Kg bag is still good enough to get you burning calories, boosting your stamina, and losing weight. Also, 100 lbs is pretty much good enough for people that love to punch heavy bags to release stress.
I should mention that X Mark Deluxe Power Tower & Heavy Bag Stand is quite robust. If it weren’t for the sturdy, strong, and stable construction, it wouldn’t really stand the test of time. But since it is stable, you can exercise with it, day after day, without worrying about it wobbling.
5. Everlast 2 Station Heavy Bag Stand
- Stand from industry leader Everlast holds both heavy and speed bags
- Rugged, powder-coated steel tubing construction and three weight pegs provide maximum durability
- Supports any heavy bag up to 100 pounds
- Adjustable height speed bag platform handles all speed bag sizes
- Footprint- 66.5 L x 47.6 W x 86.2 H inches
Whether you are a speed bag fan or a heavy bag enthusiast, Everlast 2 Station Heavy Bag Stand is the best bag stand for you. The station supports any heavy bag, for as long as the bag is not more than 100 lbs. It features three weight pegs and powder-coated tubing, all part of making the stand durable.
There are so many separate pieces of this product. Yet, it is still easy to assemble. And while it comes with everything you need for heavy bag support and smooth strength training, this stand doesn’t comes with a socket set, a wrench set, or a mallet. You will have to buy these as separate products.
Everlast sets a good record when it comes to maintaining the quality of its heavy bag stands. Their 2 Station Heavy Bag Stand is made of steel construction. So, it is both durable and rust resistant. Because it is rust resistant, you can even use it outdoor in the cold weather without worrying about atmosphere effects.
This station feature adjustable heights. So, you can set the bag to be further up or to stand a little lower, according to your needs. Although this is a heavy bag stand, you must never try to put up a punching bag more than 100 lbs, because it is highly likely to break down in the process. Keep things within the recommended limits.
The only thing you might find rather strange about Everlast 2 Station Heavy Bag Stand is the issue with the base hole. That’s because they tend to run out of alignment sometimes.
6. Balazs Universal Boxing Stand
- Perfect for any room. Totally freestanding. Holds one heavy bag.
- No extra weights are needed for support.
- Can fit up to a 6 ft long punching bag. Can support up to 300 lb.
- Can be upgraded with a Speed Bag Platform or more Punching Bags
- Made in USA . Lifetime Warranty (See details.)
Balazs Universal Boxing Stand was designed for any room. Unbelievably, it fits any room, including a space you would consider too tiny for a heavy bag stand. A 6-foot punching bag should fit well on this stand. Also, it can hold up to 300 lbs and it is 100% freestanding.
Balazs does not need additional weight to hold it down. It is perfect for home use as well as a regular gym setup. However, this is one of the most expensive heavy bag stands on the market. While it has tons of premium features, it is not for people who are on a tight budget.
Some stands are difficult to assemble. But that’s not exactly so for Balazs Universal Boxing Stand. This stand is easy to assemble. So easy, in fact, it should not take you more than half an hour to put every part together. Just make sure to assemble everything properly so that the stand stays well in place.
People that hit punching bags too often can testify that some stands often create loud noise when it use. Balazs Universal Boxing Stand is no different, because it also makes the noise, especially during rigorous training. The only difference, though, is that the noise is minimal, so it shouldn’t be disturbing.
The good thing with this punching bag stand, as far as warranty is concerned, is you get a lifetime guaranteed product warranty. But the problem is this: Balazs is the most expensive punching bag stand out there. So, if you are on a budget, you may want to consider another option.
7. Century Heavy Bag Stand
- Heavy-duty gray bag stand
- 3-in. tubular steel construction
- Weight capacity: 100-lbs.
- Perfect for boxers and martial artists
- Some assembly required
Are you looking for the best punching bag stand for under 100 dollars? Or, maybe you are a fan of gray color and you need something that matches what your eyes likes. In either case, Century, a gray, 100-lb heavy bag stand is the best product to try. It is a product developed by the most trusted brand in the world, and that means you are getting the best for just a few bucks.
Century heavy bag stand can be used by adults as well as children. Despite the quality of the product and all the premium features, we do not like the noise it creates when punching the bag. If continuous noise is something that might bother you, we recommend checking other options in this review guide.
If you are looking for a punching bag stand that has a weight capacity of 100 lbs and above, the likes of Balazs would make the perfect choice. But if you are seriously on a budget and just getting started, the Century Heavy Bag Stand would make a perfect choice. It has a maximum weight capacity of 100 lbs.
It is important to keep in mind that this punching bag stand is just good enough for at least audiences. First, it is a great training tool for people that love to train for boxing. Second, it is good enough for martial artists, especially those who love to train both upper and lower body.
The product is easy to assemble. Part of the reason why it doesn’t take long to assemble the stand is that it is partly assembled. The assembly task shouldn’t take you long. In fact, it should take you less than half an hour to put the remaining parts together.
8. Titan Dual Station Boxing Stand for Speed & Heavy Bag MMA Kick Punching Training
- Powder-coated steel tubing - Training bag stand holds any size bag up to 100 lbs.
- Ideal for use in a home gym, office, basement, or bedroom - 3 weight plate pegs
- Overall Height: 83 1/2" - Height to bag support: 80"
- Length: 62" - Width: 47"
- Weight: 63 bs - Bag Capacity: 100 lbs
Titan Dual Station Boxing Stand is designed to last for long. It is a sturdy unit. And it goes for under $150. Most people will mistake this pocket-friendly stand with a normal stand on the market. But it offers some premium features that other punching bags out there simply can’t.
What we love about this stand is that it provides two training options, which means you can maximize the speed and power that you use for training. While this stand can hold a punching bag for working your whole body, it is ideal for all types of workouts that target the core and the upper part of the body.
The bottom section of Titan Dual Station is strong. So, it can hold up to 100lbs quite comfortably.
When it comes to workout based on power and speed, no other stand lets you do that better than the Titan Dual Station Boxing Stand. The whole design approach isn’t just for your favorite punching bag. It is also suitable for speed bags, hence power and speed training.
When it comes to weight, there is really nothing much to say about the Titan Dual Station Boxing Stand. It can hold only a maximum of 100 lbs of punching bag, so it does not make a better option for people that prefer heavier bag. Still, it is a good option for beginners on a budget.
The best thing about this punching bag stand isn’t just power and speed. Another good thing is the fact that it can help to work both your upper body as well as the core area. Because it is sturdy and durable, this product can serve you for a long time before you think of replacing it with one.
9. Century Corner Man
- This ultra stable heavy bag suspension system is ideal for practicing powerful strikes.
- Feet of the stand are polyurethane rubber.
- Features six height adjustments from 72 inches to 102 inches.
- Legs extend 7.5 feet from the corner.
- Able to hold up to a 100 lb bag (sold separately).
Century Corner Man is the next kid on the block from Century Martial Arts. Because of its quality, sturdiness, and unique design, Century Corner Man is good enough for the asking price. It holds up to 100-lb bag, which I purchased separately, by the way. And the legs can extend up to 7.5 feet from any of the corners.
This is the only product on our list that has six adjustable heights. The heights can be adjusted from 72 inches all the way to 102 inches. You can use it in a low garage ceiling as long as you set it at 8.5 feet high.
Century Corner Man isn’t just sturdy. It is the kind of punching bag stand that is built to last for a very long time. If you are the kind of person that likes to hit the bag really hard, this stand will hold the bag in position throughout the training session. With the help of the 16 gauge steel, this punching bag stand remains stable throughout the year, and it will hold a heavy bag in position even if it won’t be in use for a long time.
Unlike many punching bag stands that make noise during use, this one is a little bit different. With the help of the shock absorbing technology, this punching bag stand is not only able to decrease vibration but also increase durability.
What you will love about this stand is the adjustable height. If you have both long and short bags for boxing and strength training, you can hang them perfectly on this stand. In numbers, the height is adjustable from 72 inches to 102 inches.
Unfortunately, though, this stand is not suitable for very heavy bags. In fact, it can support only a maximum weight of 100 lbs; anything about this mark is completely impossible.
The Benefit s of the Best Punching Bag Stands
1. The Best Heavy Bag Stand Improves Workout Levels
There is nothing more frustrating during strength training like a heavy bag falling to the ground during workout. Unfortunately many heavy bag stands fail to cut it when it comes to sustaining the weight of heavy bags for the long haul. Vetted heavy bag stands are different, though; because they have been tested and found sturdy enough to support heavy bags during workout. So, when you invest in the best punching bag stand, according to verified reviews online, you will exercise more efficiently, and worry less about your heavy bag falling to the ground in the middle of strength training.
2. The Value for Your Money
Fitness maniacs want nothing more than the best value for their money. And when it comes to punching bag stands, it means investing in equipment that’s built to last. There are three reasons why top rated heavy bag stands are said to give value for their asking price. First, they hold up a capacity just enough according to your expectation. Remember, each stand has its own weight capacity. So you have to choose one according how heavy your punching bag is. Second, the stands can sustain light, heavy, and vigorous punches during workout. Third, they will hold up your heavy bag for a very long time.
3. Punching Bag Stands are Cheap
If there is one thing that is for sure, it is that heavy bag stands do not cost an arm and a leg. Although some models are damn too expensive, there are cheap brands, too, for fitness enthusiasts on budget. It is important to keep in mind that – as far as bunching bag stands go – quality is not directly proportional to price. Different brands price their heavy bags differently. And this means one deal will be too good over another. At the end of the day, though, there is always a good stand for what you can afford to pay.
Stability, supported capacity, and durability are the three main attributes of a heavy bag stand that’s worth spending money on. With the best stand in your workout space, you never have to worry about anything like bag tilts or likelihood of injuries during strength training.