So you want to have a home gym without compromising on the quality of equipment you settle for, and at the same time not break your bank; the Stamina ATS Air may be just for you. Even if you are a hard to please person, you cannot resist this rower, particularly if you don’t have the bucks to go for a big-ticket item.
The ATS Air can be used both for lower and upper body workouts; it will tone your muscles, including the thighs, glutes, abs, forearms and the back.
- EFFECTIVE: Dynamic wind resistance provides an efficient smooth rowing stroke. Designed for rigorous use and the intensity of your workout is up to you. Simply row faster or harder and the machine will follow your lead and amp up the level of resistance. For less resistance, slow down. The air transfer system constantly adjusts to match your rowing speed. Track progress and adjust your routine accordingly using the multi-function monitor that displays speed, distance,time and calories burned.
- COMFORT: The upholstered, padded, sliding seat makes rowing comfortable and sliding easy even during longer rowing routines. Oversized angled seat rail solidly supports the smooth-sliding seat for easy seat return. Oversized footplates for any size user, adjustable nylon foot straps and textured hand grips. Designed to keep hands and feet stable and comfortable throughout the catch, drive, finish and recovery phases of rowing.
- RESULTS: Proven to provide a nearly unsurpassed aerobic workout without the relentless pounding to your joints. Quickly improve your fitness while drastically reducing injury risks. This low impact, full body workout targets all major muscle groups and pushes your heart rate to levels that increase your metabolism so you can burn calories and fat more efficiently. Supports all body types and frequent use. Feel secure & safe while rowing your way to a stronger, tighter, healthier body.
- PORTABLE: For extra convenience, the Stamina 1403 Air Rower folds to a compact size for easy storage with built-in wheels. Floor protectors safeguard your workout area and prevent skidding. Assembled weight: 54 pounds / Packaged weight: 56 pounds. Assembled dimensions: 77 x 18 x 22 inches / Folded dimensions: 48 x 18 x 28 inches. Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
- WARRANTY INCLUDED: The Stamina 35-1403 air rower includes Three-year frame warranty, 90-day parts warranty. Guaranteed support for parts, repair or replacement at no cost. Customer satisfaction is our priority.
The Stamina ATS Air rower is integrated with a fan instead of a flywheel. This flywheel provides a dynamic air resistance. If you want to adjust the resistance level, you would have to vary the speed of your rowing stroke because it has no settings for changing the resistance. The machine amps up the resistance level as your row faster or harder.
Dimensions, weight & capacity
This rower just like other row machines reviewed before is not a heavy-duty rower as it supports a maximum weight of 250 pounds, and it only weighs 54 pounds. As for the size, it will accommodate even tall people. The distance of the rowing beam measures around 47 inches; that is, from where the seat is positioned when at the far end all the way to the foot pedals. Even someone who is 6’5”, and has an inseam measuring 36” can fully extend their legs.
You just need a space measuring about 77L x 18W x 22H inches to assemble the Stamina Air Rower – these are the dimensions the unit covers when assembled. When folded, the rower is 48” long and 28” wide.
Because it’s lightweight, and compact sized when folded, the Stamina Air Rower can be moved with ease and made to stand at a corner.
When it comes to noise, it’s moderately loud but not that kind of noise that would wake everyone up or keep your neighbors wondering what you are doing. When rowing, you will get to hear the whirling sound of the fan, but it’s nothing to be concerned about. If you keep the machine in the same room with a TV or radio, you will still be able to listen to your songs playing. Even with the whirling sound of the fan, your neighbors won’t have the slightest clue on what you are up to unless your walls are thin like paper. Although the whooshing sound from the oscillating fan is not overly loud, you can wear a pair of headphones or ear buds if you want to mute it.
The Stamina ATS Air features an over-sized railed, all made of steel, from where it connects with the floor protectors to the part that houses the fan. Furthermore, the rail is anchored at an angle to make it simple to hop on and off. Plus, all the parts are strongly welded together to make it sturdy.
Instead of a chain, it uses a nylon rowing strap to connect to the handles. A nylon strap is less noisy, more durable, and when rowing, it glides smoothly, such that each stroke feels natural.
When rowing, you will enjoy moving back and forth along the sliding seat, which is upholstered and padded to enhance comfort. Your butt won’t feel hard and painful after several minutes of rowing. Also, its handlebar is soft on the hands because it's paddled – you won’t get blisters, and you can rock the rower even with sweaty hands.
Apart from that, it has large, textured foot pedals with adjustable Velcro foot straps to keep your feet fully secured during workouts. At the bottom, it’s equipped with floor protectors to minimize skidding and protector the floor area.
The seat is positioned at around 14” from the floor; it’s not so high even the elderly or someone who is injured won’t have trouble using it.
Compared to other models on the market, it has a simple display. The electronic display shows the calories burned, distance in miles, and the time spent rowing. Still, it’s not that accurate when it comes to estimating the calories burned. It would have been cool if it came with a heart rate monitor, but you can always get it separately to get accurate stats of your calorie burn.
Also, it has a small monitor that’s awkwardly positioned because it’s attached near the end of the wind resistance fan, just above the handles; it’s not in a raised position like that of the Concept2 or directly beneath the handlebar as with some models.
The frame construction is foldable for storage purposes. You don’t even have to carry it once folded; it has two rollers on the front; you just have to push it like a cart.
It takes around 15-30 minutes to assemble the rower.
• Rowing is smooth and feels natural.
• Easy to assemble.
• Affordable price.
• The frame is made of steel.
• Foldable frame.
• Lightweight and convenient to move around.
• Comfortable padded seat and handlebar.
• No damper setting to control the resistance.
• Basic digital monitor.
• The fan is fairly loud.
The Stamina ATS Air is yet another machine that will get you to tone your muscles without paying for a lot. It fits the bill if you are just looking for a low impact cardio workout rower. You may want to triple the money for this if you want to get something with all the whistles and bells.