Mi Band 2 Tracker is a wearable fitness monitoring gadget manufactured by the Chinese Tech Giant, Xiaomi. It has limited features that are kinder to the battery and is easily linkable to compatible smartphones thus enabling notifications from the phone in addition to alerts when the set fitness goals are achieved.
What makes Mi Band 2 Tracker so awesome?
- 1,Fitness Tracker: Monitor your activity levels, sleep patterns, and more with Mi Band 2 (with US ADI sensors technology), which can record your steps, distance, pace, calories burned and active minutes, and sync its data via Bluetooth 4.0 to the Mi Fit app, so you can check daily, weekly, and monthly history to make a scientific workout program for a healthier lifestyle
- 2,Smart Reminder: When your phone receives calls, messages or other notifications such as from Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Whatsapp and Wechat, Mi Band 2 will vibrate to remind you. Simply lift your arm to view the notification icon on the display screen which even shows caller name/ID when you receive a call. With Mi Band 2, you don't need to worry about missing any calls or messages even when your phone is tucked away in your bag or pocket
- 3,Sleep Monitor: MI Band 2 can monitor your whole sleep cycle, automatically recognize the stage of sleep (deep or light sleep) via heart rate monitoring, record the data and duration of every stage accurately, and help to analyze and improve your sleep quality
- 4,IP67 Water-Resistant Wristband Watch: MI Band 2 is durable and resistant against water splashes, sweat, cosmetics, dust and more. You don't need to worry when doing daily routines, even when washing hands or taking a shower
- 5,Compatibility: Support for Bluetooth 4.0 and above, Android 4.4 and above (Note 5, S7, S6, S5, Android 4.4 and above for Samsung), and iOS 7.1 and above iOS (iPhone 5 / 6 / 7 S Plus and above). Install MI Fit app to get instant statistics and set alarms, notification alerts, and other functions
There are numerous characteristics that make Xiaomi Mi Band 2 Tracker the best choice for monitoring body fitness activities.
Supports GPS Connection.
The presence of GPS support in the tracker ensures the safety of the user. If anything happens when exercising, the GPS connection gives their position. Similarly, the user is able to trace back the route used when engaging in physical fitness in addition to knowing the length of activity in terms of time and distance.
The gadget is inexpensive comparing the price to an array of activities it can track.
It has a sensitive OLED screen that enables the user to swipe the display to view various functions. The screen enables ease of choosing of the activities to be tracked at a given time.
Monitors Several Activities
Mi Band 2 monitors various activities such as running, walking, sleeping, swimming, and peddling. With such a diverse gadget, the user should not buy different gadgets for monitoring different activities. The user is obliged to select the activity to track before engaging in fitness activity.
Available in Different Colors
There is a tendency for manufacturing the gadgets in one color. However, this device comes in an array of colors allowing you to choose according to your preferences.
Very Sleek Design and Light Weight
The tracker is light in weight because its straps are made of rubber and its size is uniquely small at 0.96 inches color screen. As such, it is not weighty thus guarantees that the user is comfortable when using it.
Long Battery Life
It has an inbuilt battery that lasts for 20 days when in use and more when in standby mode. The recommended average of fitness trackers is 7 days of use. Such a long battery life saves time that would be wasted during frequent charging.
Ease of Syncing with Phone Applications
With the presence of Bluetooth compatibility, the gadget establishes reliable connections with a smartphone to allow you sync with different apps such as texts, Instagram, and Whatsapp.
This affordable activity tracker is waterproof and thus can be used during the rainy weather, when swimming, and when engaging in sweaty fitness activities.
Constant Notifications and Alerts
When connected to the smartphone, the user receives constant notifications from the synced applications such as emails, texts, Instagram, Facebook, and Whatsup. Additionally, when the set target fitness activities are achieved, the user is notified through alerts.
Supports instant statistics, has an alarm, and shows time at the same time. However, the user must install Mi Fit app to get the statistics and be able to use other peripheral features such as alarm.
Dimensions, Color, and Box Content
Its dimensions are 4.1 by 4 by 1.3 inches. It weighs 0.16 ounces. When shipped, the box content are; the tracker, a charging cable, and a user manual in both Chinese and English instructions.
It has a 12 months warranty from the day of purchase.
- Is sleekly designed making it attractive and very light in weight. This enhances the comfort of the user during the physical fitness activities.
- Has a long lasting battery charge of 20 days when in use and more when in standby mode. This saves time wasted when charging and guarantees that the tracker lasts longer.
- Tracks heart rate, calories, sleep, and is compatible with smartphones.
- Has an OLED smart screen.
- It is waterproof and thus can be used during all weather types including rainy days or when swimming.
- Constant notifications when synced with applications and alerts when the set fitness goals are achieved.
- Provides phone lock screen security because the tracker allows the user to bypass the phone lock.
- Has less crucial fitness activities that can be tracked
- Comes without a guidance manual
- Its charging cable can be easily lost because the tracker is not attached to a USB system to allow direct attachment to the power source when charging.
- Its third party apps support is very weak
Bottom line on Xiaomi Mi Band 2 Fitness Tracker
Xiaomi Mi Band Tracker has several shortcomings that may discourage the user from purchasing it. If the user is oriented to having a gadget that can track more fitness activities, then LETSCOM Fitness Tracker might provide the solution.
Additionally, it comes with a comprehensive manual for those users who would like to know how to use it to track different fitness activities.
If looking for a tracker that has an inbuilt USB and is easy to charge, then MorePro would serve the purpose. Similarly, FitBit Tracker and other trackers reviewed here would offer a stronger third party apps support in this case.
Despite the shortcomings, this gadget has several advantages that make it a favorable for monitoring fitness activities. These are; its affordability, it is waterproof, presence of OLED smart screen, very sleek and attractive design, long battery life, can monitor several activities, and its presence in different colors.